Boozers

knvilla772

There are two Weatherspoons on Friar Street, and I think that one of them is normally designated for away fans with the other being for home fans, just not sure which is is. Also on Friar St you have Walkabout, Cape and O'Neills but not sure about any of their policies. Pitcher and Piano is definitely of limits to football fans. 

No pubs near the ground as its on an industrial est, Drink in the town centre. Big pub right outside the railway stationhttp://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en-GB&rlz=1T4GGLL_en-GBGB367GB367&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=reading+train+station&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=reading+train+station&cid=0,0,14458498823679653985&sa=X&ei=RjczUaSkKsSn0AXgi4H4Dg&ved=0CKQBEPwSMAM , Ground is then about 5-10mins away in a cab/bus ride.

There is also a smoking area in the away end as well. stewards are in your face, try make everybody sit down but gave up...

Stand up if you love villa :D

Bollocks to the town centre lark. Will probably do a country pub on the way down, lunch and a beer then drive directly to the ground. That's unless there's any cheap train tickets going

Last time i went down was by train but they've almost doubled in price so this time i will be driving down. There is a multi-story car park next to the train station where i am planning to park up. There is a reasonably big pub next to the train station which is majority if not all away fans. Then there are shuttle buses running to and from the ground next to that boozer. 

Anyone know where best to park for a quick getaway after the game back to the mids. Can't stand getting stuck in traffic in a strange town.

Unfortunatly it's shite mate as it's right on junction 11, I am going to take 15 mins to go the backroads through town on get on at J10, but you really have to know where your going :(

Edited by hants-villa72

Might sat nav it from J10 then

Not sure it would take you the right way mate, it's a bit windy and resedential.., J11 can take you a hour or so easily to get out (been stuck in it many times but sometimes you get lucky) so would be best to play it safe and try get to J10 and trying for J12 would be horrendous also, what time do you plan on getting to Reading?

Last time i went down was by train but they've almost doubled in price so this time i will be driving down. There is a multi-story car park next to the train station where i am planning to park up. There is a reasonably big pub next to the train station which is majority if not all away fans. Then there are shuttle buses running to and from the ground next to that boozer. 

Lot's of roadworks going to around the car park as the station is being redeveloped, plus it's really expensive. There is a free car park next to the crown plaza hotel if you don't mind an extra 10 minute walk. Will be better for traffic as well. 

Â