New Kit 2013-2014

NIVillan

Woooooo slim fit, I hope you're right Delphino. Forget you chubsters! I'm slim and was almost tempted to buy a kids or girls top this year because the 'small', which I ended up buying, hangs off me like a poncho.

Edit: bloody predictive txt.

Edited by Rob182

Is that the shirt we had when we were sponsored by NTL? That was a nasty piece of tat. I'm not a huge fan of this year's shirt mainly due to the material used and that, in my opinion, the claret is a bit too light which makes it look somewhat pink, but it's still better than some shirts we had prior to the Nike deal.

This years kit is a joke - both home an away.  The fact that we are the only club to have their shirt widely discounted to just £10 in March shows what a success they have been.

There will be plenty of those greens things around for a long time - they're dropping to £4 by late May for sure.

But as was mentioned before, its good being the big fish in Macrons small pond or whatever the bullshit quote was.  Expect next seasons to be very similar to West Hams.  Maybe with a yellow dash on it, and very shiny.

The NTL one was a lot worse though!

If we're having a half collar, then why not one long sleeve and one short?

Then we could have one 2012/13 long shorts leg and one 1981 short shorts leg, one long sock/one short.

Would look different I reckon. Let's make a statement!!

Edited by turnbull

They need to lose the macron men. They don't stay on. I returned one shirt as they peeled after one wash and now my second shirt has gone the same way. It just leaves it looking tacky and cheap. As they've had a few returns hopefully this will have been picked up and worked on for the next shirt.

My prediction next seasons kit will be some sort claret and blue combination, and a white kit away. And with some random sponsor no ones has heard off. Which will probably go out of business/get bought out within 5 years. Re 80s badge- I think its a bit desperate to always hark back to that era, which I know Villa were great in. Keep the current badge.

For the  Premier League  I always think  it could be a idea to have a retro weekend sometime in the season with all the clubs having  a 'new' old fashioned shirt. Have it as a limited edition and sell them  for charity.

• Like 1

They need to lose the macron men. They don't stay on. I returned one shirt as they peeled after one wash and now my second shirt has gone the same way. It just leaves it looking tacky and cheap. As they've had a few returns hopefully this will have been picked up and worked on for the next shirt.

What temperature did you wash it on?  I've had this conversation before, and folks were washing them on 40-50° which will weaken the printing on any shirt, especially the smaller transfers like the Macron logos as there's less surface area for the adhesive to bond to.  I've got the green GK kit and once a week for the last 4 months it gets completely caked in mud at training then chucked in a 3 cycle and it's always come out clean as whistle with no damage.  

If you see the logos coming loose, you can always do a quick-fix with an iron and a clean piece of paper.  The adhesive is heat-activated, so just put the iron on medium heat (with no steam), place the paper over the logo then press the iron on top for about 30 seconds.  Check the logo (you make need to press down a couple times) and you should be golden.

And wash 'em inside out, too.

Edited by GarethRDR

What temperature did you wash it on?  I've had this conversation before, and folks were washing them on 40-50° which will weaken the printing on any shirt, especially the smaller transfers like the Macron logos as there's less surface area for the adhesive to bond to.  I've got the green GK kit and once a week for the last 4 months it gets completely caked in mud at training then chucked in a 3 cycle and it's always come out clean as whistle with no damage.  

If you see the logos coming loose, you can always do a quick-fix with an iron and a clean piece of paper.  The adhesive is heat-activated, so just put the iron on medium heat (with no steam), place the paper over the logo then press the iron on top for about 30 seconds.  Check the logo (you make need to press down a couple times) and you should be golden.

And wash 'em inside out, too.

Did you ever get the black Goalie's shirt?

Â