New Kit 2013-2014

NIVillan

Teams launching kits without a sponsor is nothing new. It's been done before and it'll be done again. Curiously though, if the Genting deal hasn't expired by the 15th, I believe we may be contractually obligated to show off the kit with their logo on it, correct? We did that with FX Pro previously didn't we?

I'd much rather have a sponsor less shirt anyway.

I am not a walking A board

Jerseys with sponsors on them should be heavily subsidized IMO, and punters should have the option of paying full price for one without a sponsor, or less for one with. At the end of the day, we don't sell enough jerseys for our sponsor to care either way. You don't see loads of folks walking around with Villa jerseys on anywhere, the benefit for the sponsor is having hundreds of millions  of people seeing their logo on the jersey for televised games

• Like 3

Just hope it's not cDWS again

Worst sponsor ever

In what way?

COWS

Yes the logo looked like Cows, but apart from that I was wondering that they did to deserve being called the "worst sponsor ever"?

Possible exaggeration on a message board? Surely not?

Edited by StanBalaban

Just hope it's not cDWS again

Worst sponsor ever

In what way?

COWS

Yes the logo looked like Cows, but apart from that I was wondering that they did to deserve being called the "worst sponsor ever"?

Possible exaggeration on a message board? Surely not?

The CI effect.

• Like 1

We are going to be one of those tinpots teams who change their sponsors 3 or 4 times in a season aren't we? Some of the Spanish clubs I swear wear a different sponsor depending on the fixture. Maybe we are looking at one of these type of deals. Companies will be less concerned about exclusivity with a club like ours, more  quick-fire mass exposure on the cheap. 

Edited by supernova26

We are going to be one of those tinpots teams who change their sponsors 3 or 4 times in a season aren't we? Some of the Spanish clubs I swear wear a different sponsor depending on the fixture. Maybe we are looking at one of these type of deals. Companies will be less concerned about exclusivity with a club like ours, more  quick-fire mass exposure on the cheap.

Not a chance imo. How do you sell a replica shirt mid season if you change the sponsor?

I'm personally not aware of any club that does this, and would think that we'd be miles away from considering it as an option.

Name a worse sponsor than cDWS then

Nobody had a scoobie who they were , it spelt COWS on the shirt and it looked crap.

I would think that anyone that worked in the investments and pensions arena would be quite familiar with DWS but, at the end of the day, isn't that the whole point of the sponsorship - to raise the profile of their brand?

They pay the money to rent the space on our shirt. What else did you want from them? A hug?

Edited by StanBalaban
  • Like 1

I'm fairly sure our kit with genting was posted online the day before release, i remember the pic of gabby in the dressing room wearing the away shirt announcing the genting deal on our website?

Edit - Google search shows the genting deal was announced on June 22nd, shirt released on June 28th.

Just searched and you are right, but it appears that the deal was signed late so kits already suplied to JJB/Sports Direct were sponsorless.

Name a worse sponsor than cDWS then

Nobody had a scoobie who they were , it spelt COWS on the shirt and it looked crap.

LDV was like having body armour on the thing was so ridiculously big and chunky, I'd take COWS over that thing any day.

There was nothing wrong with that lovely foamy LDV logo. A local company and at least it never peeled off!

I remember the DWS/COWS logo peeled off within about 10 washes (all on a 30 wash I might add :angry: ). The 2004/2005 shirt was notoriously crap.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

There was nothing wrong with that lovely foamy LDV logo. A local company and at least it never peeled off!

+ we got to an FA Cup Final in that LDV shirt

Â