Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

Reading without Jimmy Kebe, Pavel Pogrebnyak and having to play their 3rd choice keeper (and ex-Villan) Stuart Taylor.

This is our chance to get the much needed 3 points that have elluded us for a while!

I have a feeling we'll dominate this match and come out as winners with a 1-3 win.

@AVFCOfficial

Ron Vlaar could return against Reading. The game will come too soon for Darren Bent (foot). Karim El Ahmadi (ankle) is a doubt. #AVFC

So Vlaar likely back in but no Bent and no KEA. Does that mean Sylla comes on? God forbid Bannan jumps the whole bench and gets back in the squad.

Reading without Jimmy Kebe, Pavel Pogrebnyak and having to play their 3rd choice keeper (and ex-Villan) Stuart Taylor.

This is our chance to get the much needed 3 points that have elluded us for a while!

I have a feeling we'll dominate this match and come out as winners with a 1-3 win.

I wonder whether Kebe and their first choice keeper will have made miraculous recoveries by the time the teams are announced.

I don't think there's a conspiracy, but it just seems the way our games always go! We get all excited because key players are out, then just before the game we all feel dejected as our hopes are raised and then slashed when they return injury-free.

Saying that, I think we'll win 2-0.

Fully expecting Vlaar to be absent from the starting line-up...I don't think Bakes and Clark did too bad at all against Man City (aside from the one moments lapse in concentration) so I can see PL keeping the same team.

If Vlaar is brought back in, it'll be interesting to see if he keeps a positive/attacking approach to our LB by keeping Bennett  or be a bit more defensive minded by having Baker at LB. As much as I felt Baker did a good job against West Ham, he was there to add more bulk from the Hammers' style of play (i.e.direct). With Bennett we have someone who can get forward and we need this tomorrow I feel.

We retained the ball quite well in the latter stages against Man City so hope we do so against Reading too.

I'm worried about who replaces Delph if KEA is out. I'd even go with Bannan, and I think he was pretty dire before he was dropped. That's not been the case all season though, he has had a few ok games. I just don't have a good feeling with Sylla, and I'm never this sceptical usually so I hope I'm proven wrong. 

Big game, eh. 

If Vlaar fit then I am sure he'll start. 

Edited by praisedmambo

In light of recent injury details

---------------Guzan-------------------

-Lowton--Vlaar--Baker--Bennett--

------Westwood-----Sylla------------

---Weimann---N'Zogbia---Gabby-

--------------Benteke-----------------

Same as monday with Sylla in for Delph. I would bring in Vlaar for Clark but I don't think he will drop CC so I expect either Baker to make way; or Clark in Delph's position.

EDIT: forgot about Herd, we could see him alongside Westwood.

Edited by chappy

I haven't seen Villa win away in 9 attempts, going back til January 2011. I'm there tomorrow. Sorry boys.

Blimey that's a good point , I'm there tomorrow and I can't remember the last time I saw us win away ! Probably under MON somewhere or other