Gareth Bale

NurembergVillan

I've tried really hard to hate him, I've even managed it.  Especially with his ridiculous divey antics.  But by crikey this lad can play football.

He's the archetypal modern footballer.  Fast, strong, can score goals, works hard.  The "football is only a live soap opera" part of me would love to see him sign for Real Madrid so I could see a team with him and Ronaldo in it.

How good is he now, and how good do you think he could get?

And with him, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Walcott - what's making kids from Southampton be able to run so fast?!

btw as for hating him its quite hard as except for the diving he is never in any trouble. no stupid tackles, no trying to be a hardman, no stupid primadonna nightclub antics and rarely see him post crap on twitter if he even has one

On a mega hot-streak at the minute and fair play to the lad. I don't know why but I can see him playing in Spain. 

Id say he will probably wait until Mallorca get relegated or they dont make Hutton deal permanent :P

Bale can succeed in any league. He's got skill and self-belief in abundance. He's big, strong, smart off the ball, deadly from free kicks, and has a platinum plated left foot. I see PSG making a swoop, and Levy will sell at the right price.

btw as for hating him its quite hard as except for the diving he is never in any trouble. no stupid tackles, no trying to be a hardman, no stupid primadonna nightclub antics and rarely see him post crap on twitter if he even has one

That's what I mean - I've tried to hate him but went through the phase of grudgingly accepting he was pretty handy to now enjoying watching him play.

Better than Giggs ever was.

I'll wait ten more years before I make that judgement. Giggs has done so much more, over a much longer period, and done it consistently. 

There is no need to wait 10 years.

Bale is now playing at a level that Giggs has never reached.

Where is Wales in WC qualifying right now, btw?

they are 4th or 5th in a difficult group with Croatia, Belgium and Serbia. will probably never play at a major tournament

I think he will play at the European Championship.

Such a shame that players like George Best, Ryan Giggs, Gareth Bale, etc. never really got/get the international limelight. When I talk football with the Colombians and Brazilians at work, they have no idea who George Best is. 

Bale is not in the same league as Giggs yet. He may be at some point, but not even close at the moment. Show us ya medals! 

And POTY awards. Giggs>Bale as of right now. But the sky is the limit for Bale, I will not be surprised if he goes on to eclipse Giggs overall.

Bale is not in the same league as Giggs yet. He may be at some point, but not even close at the moment. Show us ya medals! 

Medals don't prove that you're a better player.

Just proves that your team is better.

Â