• N'Zogbia
    • Westwood
    • Delph
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • El Ahmadi (for Westwood 72)
    • Dawkins (for N'Zogbia 82)

A bit more clinical attacking and we could have had a point. Never going to hold them back but it was a bad day for Charles to lose it and for Benteke to just sleepwalk.

Thought bringing off Westwood was a mistake. He takes up good defensive positions that didnt let Arsenal carve us up.

Either way, I had 0 points for this game and the next so onwards

all I could hear was Villa fans

Gonna have to disagree with you there. Thought our fans were very quiet today, possibly one of the worst, if not the worst, away game atmospheres I've experienced, apart from the last half hour that is.

Anyways, we were alright. Defended well at time, kept the ball well. Maybe played a bit too much football in fact. Was impressed with the Westwood and Delph pairing (especially Delph who really seems to get better by each game). Was perplexed by the Westwood substitution, we were **** awful after he went off.  

Bennett held his own too. Saw someone give him a 2, not really too sure what's all about to be honest.

Was disappointed with Benteke and Zog, both of their touches seemed heavy and were a bit over-zealous when trying to move the ball about so quickly. 

Ratings:

Guzan - 7. 

Lowton - 7. 

Baker - 6.

Clark - 6. 

Bennett - 6.

Delph - 7.5.

Westwood - 7 

Weimann - 7. 

Zog - 5.

Gabby - 7.

Benteke -4. 

Edited by Milfner

Gonna have to disagree with you there. Thought our fans were very quiet today, possibly one of the worst, if not the worst, away game atmospheres I've experienced, apart from the last hour that is.

Anyways, we were alright. Defended well at time, kept the ball well. Maybe played a bit too much football in fact. Was impressed with the Westwood and Delph pairing (especially Delph who really seems to get better by each game). Was perplexed by the Westwood substitution, we were **** awful after he went off.  

Bennett held his own too. Saw someone give him a 2, not really too sure what's all about to be honest.

Was disappointed with Benteke and Zog, both of their touches seemed heavy and were a bit over-zealous when trying to move the ball about so quickly. 

Ratings:

Guzan - 7. 

Lowton - 7. 

Baker - 6.

Clark - 6. 

Bennett - 6.

Delph - 7.5.

Westwood - 7 

Weimann - 7. 

Zog - 5.

Gabby - 7.

Benteke -4. 

Apart from the last hour?

Thats 2/3 of the game.

Gonna have to disagree with you there. Thought our fans were very quiet today, possibly one of the worst, if not the worst, away game atmospheres I've experienced, apart from the last hour that is.

Ratings:

Guzan - 7. 

Lowton - 7. 

Baker - 6.

Clark - 6. 

Bennett - 6.

Delph - 7.5.

Westwood - 7 

Weimann - 7. 

Zog - 5.

Gabby - 7.

Benteke -4. 

Apart from the last hour?

Thats 2/3 of the game.

Meant half hour, apologies. 

now that most us on here have accepted relegation already, todays scoreline isnt of any surprise, ill be watching motd later to see how we played

with arsenal having a 'bad week' (in the medias eyes) this win for them was scripted, it wasnt going to be any other way, but at least we kept the scoreline partly respectable

We can say that it was a decent performance, but I thought Arsenal were dreadful by their standards and we were so flat in the second half.

Guzan was my man of the match. Weimann was industrious and dangerous.

It's ok to play well in these games (and take nothing!) but it HEAPS the pressure on the games against Reading and QPR. Our only hope is to go on a run of 5 or 6 unbeaten and I just can't see where that run is coming from at the moment.

Only difference between the teams today was Cazorla. Which gives massive credit to Lambert to get our team of lesser players competing against far better opposition. If it wasn't for the comedy double act at centre back we'd look a really decent team.

Better result and performance than I expected. Unlucky not to get a point. Play like that for the remaining games this season and we may just get enough points to give ourselves a chance here.

I agree Richard. I thought we did well today against a very good side looking to prove a point after a couple of poor results. In the main we matched them.

I have seen enough in the last handful of games to be be relatively confident that if we can perform to the same level in the games we have coming up against the likes of Reading, QPR, Fulham, Sunderland, Stoke, Norwich and Wigan then we can secure enough points to stay up.

Gonna have to disagree with you there. Thought our fans were very quiet today, possibly one of the worst, if not the worst, away game atmospheres I've experienced, apart from the last half hour that is.

OK but I think it's a bit odd that you are correcting my statement about what I heard!

Gareth Crooks on the BBC stated that we are currently a team of potential but we don't have enough experience. Thought to myself tell us something we don't know.

Most teams have potential, but to go where is the real question?

I get the feeling that some of the media and supporters have been blinded by the average age of our team rather than the quality available.

Apart from Benteke who will probably be on his way in the summer anyway whether we stay up or not, i don't see this current team doing anything other than struggle next season again no matter how young they are.

The quality simply isn't there.

OK but I think it's a bit odd that you are correcting my statement about what I heard!

Not correcting it, just giving my opinion. We were very quiet until the last half hour I thought. 

Gareth Crooks on the BBC stated that we are currently a team of potential but we don't have enough experience. Thought to myself tell us something we don't know.

Most teams have potential, but to go where is the real question?

I get the feeling that some of the media and supporters have been blinded by the average age of our team rather than the quality available.

Apart from Benteke who will probably be on his way in the summer anyway whether we stay up or not, i don't see this current team doing anything other than struggle next season again no matter how young they are.

The quality simply isn't there.

We do have the 'Potential' to be relegated so there is, albeit the wrong type, potential within the squad.

pretty sure you did. back on topic

Nope, I didn't. If I wanted to imply that I would've just said "Lambert is the sole reason why we concede late goals". 

then you would be stating as fact that its all lamberts fault. what you did was imply that it was all down to lambert.  **** hell its ok to be wrong sometimes, move on

I didn't imply it was all down to Lambert.

pretty sure you did. back on topic

Nope, I didn't. If I wanted to imply that I would've just said "Lambert is the sole reason why we concede late goals".

Haha!  You obviously don't know what "imply" means either!  

I know perfectly well what it means thanks.

It was an expected result but this giving late goals away should have been sorted.

Once Weimann scored did we make changes to close the game out ? Did not see the game

The two subs were Westwood and Zog off and were replaced by KEA and Zog. Pointless changes IMO, we fell to pieces after Westwood went off, Dawkins didn't offer anything.

Â