Midweek football - 19th/20th January

TrentVilla

I see the loathsome slime that we call our media are whipping up a consensus that it's time for Wenger to go.

How sad that someone who's made such a contribution to the game is being harried by such knuckledragging fuckwits, following the herd and bleating the common line.

It's a business and yet another trophyless season and possibly finishing outside the top 4 is not what Arsenal are looking for.

If so, then that's a proper subject for discussion between the club and Wenger.  My comments relate to the imbeciles who make up stories about him to fill their vacant pages, then grossly exaggerate his reaction in challenging their downright lies, then start a whispering campaign that he's about to get the push.

Also see recent stories about Benitez-Terry bustup, denied by both parties.

No wonder only about 20% of people believe what they read in the papers.  Made-up shite from brain-dead tosspots, for the most part.

Fair enough, I get where you're coming from now and I agree. I don't even read the sports pages anymore, or any in some, they really are full of shit.

...., where is all that income going??

Rumours are that they pay most/all of the first team squad a nearly equal wage so the likes of Abou Diaby and Arshavin are all on ~£80K. This means that although they have a poor squad they have a massive wage bill.

I can understand the main squad players being on a similar wage, it would bring dressing room parity.

Instead of our uneasy situation where you have Ireland tossing it off on 70k a week and Westwood busting his balls for about 10k a week. Bound to cause dressing room resentment.

I've seen a few Arsenal fans say it's "painful to support Arsenal now"

sometimes I wish they knew what it felt to support Villa in it's current predicament and see if they still feel the same way about Arsenal after.

I'm not saying they should be delighted or anything either.

Â