Midweek football - 19th/20th January

TrentVilla

I see the loathsome slime that we call our media are whipping up a consensus that it's time for Wenger to go.

How sad that someone who's made such a contribution to the game is being harried by such knuckledragging fuckwits, following the herd and bleating the common line.

It's a business and yet another trophyless season and possibly finishing outside the top 4 is not what Arsenal are looking for.

I see the loathsome slime that we call our media are whipping up a consensus that it's time for Wenger to go.

How sad that someone who's made such a contribution to the game is being harried by such knuckledragging fuckwits, following the herd and bleating the common line.

It's a business and yet another trophyless season and possibly finishing outside the top 4 is not what Arsenal are looking for.

If so, then that's a proper subject for discussion between the club and Wenger.  My comments relate to the imbeciles who make up stories about him to fill their vacant pages, then grossly exaggerate his reaction in challenging their downright lies, then start a whispering campaign that he's about to get the push.

Also see recent stories about Benitez-Terry bustup, denied by both parties.

No wonder only about 20% of people believe what they read in the papers.  Made-up shite from brain-dead tosspots, for the most part.

If we were to beat them id say his position is untenable.

I know moaning fans get a lot of grief for expecting success but if any club should its Arsenal as if i paid that much for tickets id expect top class football weekly and regular trophies

Every season Arsenal's best players are picked off and Wenger is given a fraction of it to replace the likes of Fabrigas and Van Persie. It is a minor miricle they are still a top half side, let alone on that finishes in the champions league places.

but he also wastes  what he gets, Gervinho, Vermaelen, Giroud, Podolski, Andre Santos, Arshavin, Squillaci were all signed for decent fees probably about 70 million between them and havent offered much maybe Vermaelen for 2 seasons but been awful for 18 months or so. Arteta cost 10 million when over the hill

but he also wastes  what he gets, Gervinho, Vermaelen, Giroud, Podolski, Andre Santos, Arshavin, Squillaci were all signed for decent fees probably about 70 million between them and havent offered much maybe Vermaelen for 2 seasons but been awful for 18 months or so. Arteta cost 10 million when over the hill

None of those players, and the fees they cost, are anywhere near the same level the likes of Man U Man City and Chelsea are operating at.

He spent £10m on and aging Arteta? Man U went out and spent £30m on an ageing Van Persie.

They are operating at totally different levels in both transfer fees and wages.

If arsenal didnt buy them 8 I named and signed 3 absolute quality players instead which they could have attracted 3 seasons ago e.g Vidal, Chiellini and maybe David Villa, the squad quality would have been better, the salaries would probably be lower all around and Im 100% sure players like RVP, Nasri, Clichy wouldnt have wanted to leave the club

If arsenal didnt buy them 8 I named and signed 3 absolute quality players instead which they could have attracted 3 seasons ago e.g Vidal, Chiellini and maybe David Villa, the squad quality would have been better, the salaries would probably be lower all around and Im 100% sure players like RVP, Nasri, Clichy wouldnt have wanted to leave the club

The Arsenal board have set a wage limit of £80k per week (though Walcott has been given £100k in that contract he just signed).

The players you are talking about signing would not have come for that kind of money and players like RVP, Nasri etc would still have all taken off to get £150k pw at Man City.

Arsenal are not able to compete finacially. Even if you choose to look back with perfect hindsight and pick new transfers Wenger should have made they would still be trailing behind the bigger spenders (even Tottenham are included in that as they have massively outspend Arsenal in recent years).

I don't understand why the Arsenal board are so tight with money. They should be able to at least compete with Spurs.

And when you consider they have been in the champions league every season and qualifying past the group, where is all that income going??

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Hmmm, I think it's a bit of a forced retirement, at least if Rafa Honigstein is to be believed (and there's no reason why he shouldn't be)

He's being linked with the Schalke job IIRC, which if he takes it owuldn't really make sense if he was retiring. Although if he happened to win the CL this season you'd think he'd go out on a high.

I don't understand why the Arsenal board are so tight with money. They should be able to at least compete with Spurs.

And when you consider they have been in the champions league every season and qualifying past the group, where is all that income going??

Some of the money goes to paying off the stadium debt some of it goes to pay a dividend to all the owners.

Not very much gets reinvested back into the team.

Â