Villa reach 1 million fans on Facebook

TRS-T

I love the Villa Facebook page, it's what I imagine a North Korean Facebook page would be like with all the positive spin even when things are going to pot.

Also, as someone who runs a Facebook page, the number of likes means sod all. The more money you put into the FB advertising program the more of the bot accounts with 10k+ page likes start following you, so I really wouldn't read too much into it.

Edited by kingysilvers

Right, I've just unliked the page. I visit the OS regularly but I do that as and when I choose. The AVFC facebook page just shoves the information from the OS at you in a regular but uncontrolled flow and it is flooding my account. Sorry, guys, you're one down on yesterday.

I havn't liked it for the same reasons Briny_ear

Facebook is business for me & i can't have it cluttered up with football stuff... Just shows though there must be many more genuine fans out there than the 1 million (although i appreciate that not all of those million will be genuine fans of course)

0,,10265~11671184,00.jpg

Andi rocking the socks and sandals.  :P

What's wrong with Holman, he don't look right in this pic
I must admit, I had think twice about who that actually was on the right...
They look like they've been let out of the "home" for the afternoon

To give modern football some context, we'd need each of those 1 million fans to donate £38 so we could afford to sign Sergio Agüero.

We'd then have to ask them for another £4 each to pay his signing on fee. Maybe £6.50 if he's got a good agent.

The good news is it'd only cost us 20p a week each to pay his wages. So another £40 over a 4 year deal.

So we've got a million fans and it'd cost them getting on for £90 each to sign ONE of Manchester City's players.

Revenue is largely irrelevant. Owning the world's largest oil field is the key to success.

If we could get Aguero for this I would pay it. Its cheaper than Chelsea away.

Id pay an extra £80 a season if it meant we signed a world superstar each year. Then we would get more fans and the £80 a year goes down.

I should run a football club, Iv got it all figured out.

• Like 1

1 million on facebook yet we only get our stadium 78% full on matchdays which is one ofthe worst in the league. I really dont see what relevance 1 million on facebook has or why its celebrated, its a bit embarrasing really.

Shows how far the club has fallen when this is big news!

Â