Have you ever been in trouble with the police?

Voinjama

Have you ever been in trouble with the police?

If so what happened? What was the outcome?

If it is a current situation and the result is still pending further investigation it is probably best not to write on this topic.

This old chestnut, I have been arrseted once for being drunk and disorderly, got a nice £80 fine for that

never been in trouble with them other than that, dont get me wrong I have partaken in the odd illegal activity in my youth but I never got collared for it, These day's I'm far too lazy to worry about breaking the law

Me and a few pals got picked up once because we happened to be chatting with a guy smoking a joint. Took us all in to the nick and made us walk around the car park for twenty minutes barefoot to teach us a lesson. It was obviously a quiet day for them and I guess we were just a bit of light entertainment, being three young, naive students.

Then one of them starts giving us lots of drugs advice (apparently someone had been cutting coke and billy with a lot of unpleasant things), telling us what to avoid. Then he offered us all the chance to be in an identity parade the next day. They were even paying a tenner a go!

So in the end, not much bother, no paperwork and what ended up being a nice little earner, being on the regulars list for the ident parades :)

Disorderly behaviour. £20 fine.

Bearing in mind this was 1978, and I was unemployed, that was a LOT of money.

Trumped up charge, too. On my way back from the pub, I nipped down an alley for a piss against the side of a disused garage (totally out of view of the street).

Came out and a copper (with a WPC alongside) got me in his car and gave me the third degree like I was **** Al Capone. I made the mistake of saying "For ****'s sake, shouldn't you be out catching criminals instead of wasting your time and mine like this?" (To add insult to injury, my mates ate my chips while they were waiting).

The charge sheet I got in the post read: "Urinating in a main road in full public view". I was going to fight it until a mate told me about his dad who'd been in the same situation - they'd upped the charge to indecent exposure, found him guilty and he went on the sex offenders' register, quizzed every time there was a rape, etc., in the area.

Discretion being the better part of valour, I reluctantly pleaded guilty and paid up.

Words removed.

Edited by mjmooney

Cautioned for leaning on a tree as a youngster. There was a new officer paroling our little estate, which was a first, and the local coffin dodgers went through a period of reporting everything that they didn't agree with.

Further cautions were awarded for:

Playing 'slam' against the wall of the local shops.

Setting off a bottle rocket full of cheap coke in the car park.

Running away from the local plod after incorrectly assuming that they'd spotted us throwing stones at sign.

All very meaningless.

Me and a few pals got picked up once because we happened to be chatting with a guy smoking a joint.

I was stripped down to the boxers for being stood with a guy smoking a roll-up.

It was outside Hamleys 4.30 on a Saturday afternoon, hundreds of kids and moms milling about.

Copper wasn't the sharpest tool.

General rule of thumb, shorter the haircut, shorter the intellect.

• Like 1

other than the odd speeding offence then nope

I beat a copper in a drinking contest at a German theme pub the other year the other year and agreed with him before hand  I could have 1 get out of jail free card  if I beat him

haven't decided what crime I should use it for yet though  ... was thinking of waiting until Jennifer Lawrence is in town and using it then :)

until a mate told me about his dad who'd been in the same situation - they'd upped the charge to indecent exposure, found him guilty and he went on the sex offenders' register, quizzed every time there was a rape, etc., in the area.

Isn't it great to know they're there for us. rocket polishers the lot of them.

Cautioned for pissing in an alley in leeds last year. Took my details and all that but nothign else.

You must have resisted the urge to backchat the plod, unlike me.

I did.

Although, before I realised they weren't going to do anything, I was THAT close to doing a runner.

My mate was with me (but wasn't pissing) and we were looking at each other in one of those totally telepathic moments. We both knew we wanted to run, and we were both weighing up the option in our minds. But we didn't.

Pretty sure we'd have lost them.

rocket polishers the lot of them.

I used to think that.

During my teens and early twenties they'd stop me all the time, on foot and in the car.

There'd be reports on the regional news that so and so from an ethnic minority had been stopped 5 times, it was an outrage.

We'd laugh at that, we lived on Brixton Hill, the four Anglo-Saxon males at our place could each have beat that score.

There are racist coppers, bent coppers and lazy coppers, but there are decent coppers too, though not enough.

The senior officer on site at Glasto is a nice chap, Alan. The initial officer on site at Leeds was an absolutely top bloke,

I actually think he had friends that weren't police!

My favourite police encounter was at the London Marathon.

The crush barriers at the Marathon were supplied by the same company that did the festies - Eve.

The clean up at the end has to be quick. Eve didn't have the manpower to cover such a large job, so they'd call in crews they knew to help out.

So by a strange twist of fate our minibus of dreadlocked hippies got assigned Parliament Square and its immediate environs.

After the barriers are dropped it's a good few hours til you're needed again for the rapid pick up, but you have to stay on hand, just in case.

So there we are in Parliament Square, surrounded by police, bored.

Time ticked on - really bored.

Sod it, someone's making a joint in the van. Then, everyone's making a joint in the van.

Van's closed windows go opaque. Police in ones and twos walk by van, sniffing, peering into the gloom, but moving on.

A senior policeman, looking a little concerned, comes to have a look at us, then wanders off.

A few minutes later our crew boss, Martin, returned, his face stoney.

He said the police weren't going to arrest us (how could they? Who'd open up Parliament Square for traffic? We had them

over a barrel) but could we please, please stop taking the piss. Martin's face cracked into a grin, the senior copper telling

him off had laughed saying he hadn't smelled anything like that since the sixties.

Since they asked so courteously, we stopped. Later we removed the barriers and everyone lived happily ever after.

I'd like to stress this was a long while ago, we're all middle aged and quite boring these days.

:)

Edited by Xann

Â