• Westwood
    • Delph
    • Benteke
    • Bowery
    • Weimann
    • Bent (for Bowery 63)
    • Dawkins (for Weimann 64)
    • Sylla (for N'Zogbia 85)

Can't express how relieved I was to hear the final whistle! Much better second half, and Dawkins looked quite promising too!

Very important 3 points, I really hope this can give us the confidence to press on, especially after seeing Southampton make a mockery of Man C yesterday, here's hoping we can do the same  to Arsenal!

Shouldnt have started Bowery, if Lambert is depending on players like him and Bennett to keep us up his is clearly mistaken. Need to play as much experince as we can now to the end of the season, including Ireland I might add. We might slag him, but his no worst than Lowton, Bannan.

A win thankfully!!  The missus had the crash cart ready for me after those last few minutes.  Anyway, I thought it was a decent performance.  Bowery although he tried, he just wasn't effective on the wing and bringing on Bent certainly changed the game.  Suppose that dispels the myth of the 50 game clause in his contract then.  I thought he was right to bring Weimann off.  Overall Lamberts subs were spot on today,  

Delph was my man of the match.  He worked very hard for the team today, put himself about and was all over the pitch for the cause.  Took a few bumps but wasn't afraid to stick a few in, himself.

Well I suppose the saying is onwards and upwards.  Hopefully we can take some confidence from this and get a run on the go. UTV

And breathe.....................................................

**** hell. The last 5 mins plus stoppage time was absolute torture. If West Ham would have scored again I think I might have cried. My emotions were all over the place during that game. 

I feel physically drained after that.  

I'll pluck out all by ball hairs if we win this

I don't think we want a webcam of this, but a sound recording would assure us that maqroll is a man of his word.

No, full video is essential to assure compliance. Anyone can set fire to a cat and pretend they've depillated their scrotum with a sound recording.

As soon as that OG went in my heart just sank, you just knew what was coming next

so the  last 10 mins were spent hiding behind the sofa and screaming into a pillow "put your **** head on it!!!"

i've never felt as much relief after the final whistle as I did then for a long long time

we simply HAD to take advantage of results yesterday and for once we did

well done guzan, zog, baker and delph who i thought had decent games

no idea what Bowery was doing in the team and he was clearly the weak link albeit out of position

hes not started all season so Lambert relies on him and starts him in the most crucial run in in the clubs history?

makes no sense

Actually thought we defended quite well at times, not as a team though, just the 4 guys at the back and Guzan. Considering how many corners Wet Spam had, we did ok.

Thought Dawkins at least looked comfortable on the ball, though his dive was about as convincing as Assley Young!!

almost threw it away in typical villa fashion, but, a win is a win, and 3 points are better than 1, strange nzogbia was took off mind after scoring, this club certainly knows how to confidence knock a player

Well thank the holy lord!... Finally we scrape a win.. Thought we were awful for large parts & it was nothing more than a battle really but glad we won it & would have expected nothing else against a physical West Ham team.

The result was all that mattered however today & hopefully that will bring a little bit of confidence back especially being coupled with the Everton draw.

Now a draw from one of the next 2 & we have a chance.

no idea what Bowery was doing in the team and he was clearly the weak link albeit out of position

hes not started all season so Lambert relies on him and starts him in the most crucial run in in the clubs history?

makes no sense

We've been poor at defending set pieces and were coming up against a side who love set pieces and pumping the ball in the box. I imagine he started to offer us more height.

Makes sense.

yes I think generally we did defend ok, but as soon as the own goal went in, it was impossible to have any confidence given recent history. 

Arsenal away next, a tough match, probably will lose but at least we've got the 3 here today, and anything from Arsenal will be a bonus.

• Like 1

almost threw it away in typical villa fashion, but, a win is a win, and 3 points are better than 1, strange nzogbia was took off mind after scoring, this club certainly knows how to confidence knock a player

Looked like he took a knock.

He took a knock + we replaced him with a defensive midfielder anyway (which made sense).

Still, only caught the last 25 minutes but N'Zogbia looked good again, Guzan MOTM from what I saw and Dawkins looked decent on the ball. 

1 out of 6 then, back to you Mr. Lambert.

I thought Delph was our best player first half, not so influential in the second. The defence was a lot better with Baker in, surprised Clark got MoM, he did good things but also looked quite ropey at times. Vlaar looked after Carrol well enough, and I thought Lowton had a good game after a recent dip in form.

Benteke and Weiman were poor, but if we can get a win when they have an off day that is a bonus.

I can't quite understand Lambert's idea of play a striker at left mid so he can help defend set pieces.

All things considered, I think we got away with it today.

Â