World Cup Qualifying General Talk

maqroll

Yep. If there was any doubt that FIFA is not a criminal organization, surely that's gone now. The tournament is no longer awarded to host nations on merit, but on how big the payoff is. Farcical and totally depressing state of affairs.

Portugal losing

Edit 3-3, Coentrão

And people will still say "How are England above Portugal. These FIFA rankings are a joke" next month.

I had people telling me yesterday that Italy and Brazil are in another league to England based on a pointless friendly yesterday. Not like we've beaten both of those in pointless friendlies fairly recently or anything. Suppose some people have to have a knock at every opportunity though.

It pisses me off that people  high up in FIFA/UEFA  (eg Platini) say stuff like "it's IMPOSSIBLE to play the World Cup in Qatar in the Summer"

Why the **** did people vote for them then?!

Surely one of the first things, the FIRST things you would look at in a candidate is whether they're capable of hosting the tournament.

If players' brains are going to boil because you're hosting the games in the **** desert, then sorry, you're off the list.

words removed

It pisses me off that people  high up in FIFA/UEFA  (eg Platini) say stuff like "it's IMPOSSIBLE to play the World Cup in Qatar in the Summer"

Why the **** did people vote for them then?!

Surely one of the first things, the FIRST things you would look at in a candidate is whether they're capable of hosting the tournament.

If players' brains are going to boil because you're hosting the games in the **** desert, then sorry, you're off the list.

words removed

You're talking as a sensible person though.

The very first thing FIFA look at is how many notes are in the brown paper bag.

• Like 1

Â