Match-fixing: Champions League tie played in England 'was fixed'

Genie

How do you know? I think it was just a really poor performance.

1 game confirmed, Fiorentina v Debrecen 2009.

If i remember Chelsea had at least 3 stonewall penalties in that games and 2 debateable ones,

was a disgusting game

If i remember Chelsea had at least 3 stonewall penalties in that games and 2 debateable ones,

was a disgusting game

But that does not mean it was fixed, it just means the ref had a really really bad game.

I would say it's most likely a fix in a qualifying match or 1-4 match in the group stage and probably was a bet on the underdog to cover the Asian Handicap, or maybe on the total. There's only three markets that where you're likely to be able to get a million down on it: win-draw-loss, asian handicap, and total. Asian handicap probably has the best risk/return.

So look for games in England where the dog covered.

Even better: look for games where the dog backdoored it.

Edited by leviramsey

If it's Asian Handicap, here's a good candidate

Chelsea 2-2 APOEL

Zewlakow 6

Essien 19

Drogba 26

Mirosavljevic 87

As the rain continued to pour down and Chelsea remained camped in the APOEL half, it seemed the only relevant issue was how many goals the home side would be satisfied with. Cole bounced a long cross off the crossbar but the look on his face was a giveaway that his intention had been to find a team-mate rather than go for goal. Terry had a goal ruled out and was then found wanting at the other end as Chelsea gave the ball away and Mirosavljević pounced to deliver the visitors a point.

Chelsea had already clinched the group; with a weakened team they could well have been less than a goal favorites. Possible dog/over parlay as well... Edited by leviramsey

So much for the iron clad integrity of the Bundesliga. 

Deep down, I've always suspected some degree of match fixing in Europe, and not just in Serie A, B or C.

So now it's being exposed...who knows, maybe we'll stay up whilst Chelsea get sent down as punishment!

well in fairness was just 1 mistake and in Dowd defence, though in the law i dont think any ref would have given a red card after 4 minutes giving the occasion and opposition

You can bet he'd have sent Dunne off if he'd scythed down Owen at the other end though.

And anyone saying Dowd fixed the final is being ridiculous IMO. He made an unbelievably shit decision that might have cost us the game but I seriously doubt he did it with any malice.

A slight aside - which gets forgotten because of the penalty + non sending off.

I was at this match - and on the screen Dowd went up to a Manu player - holding up his fingers and must have been saying something like "Thts 3 bad tackles son - one more and youre in the book"  - Seconds later Collins goes in for tackle - no warning for collins - straight in the book.

Makes you wonder

was a disgusting game

To be fair, even though it was me who brought that game up, he did send Abidal off earlier in the game for not very much at all, which wouldn't fit into the game being fixed in barca's favour theory.

well in fairness was just 1 mistake and in Dowd defence, though in the law i dont think any ref would have given a red card after 4 minutes giving the occasion and opposition

You can bet he'd have sent Dunne off if he'd scythed down Owen at the other end though.

He'd have a job, Owen didn't come on until the second half did he ;-)

He started. Rooney replaced him at half time IIRC.

There was a fairly clued up chap on the radio this morning talking about this. Just to give it a bit on context the sums bet were in the region of £16m to win £8m so the bets were odds on, i.e. Betting on a team expected to win, to win or a team expected to lose, to lose.

So 1 confirmed match involving Debrecen and now they are rumoured to be involved in the game with Liverpool... could be that they have been on a European tour of corruption making sure they lose the games they were expected to.

He started. Rooney replaced him at half time IIRC.

Quite right, wow, my memory told me that he scored the second goal. Getting old :D

Â