The Randy Lerner thread

CI

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

What will be the takeover asking price when we get relegated?

'We have tried to sell and are now making the changes needed to cope with relegation, please be patient', as we struggle in that league and don't spend what is needed but lose players.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DK82 said:

'We have tried to sell and are now making the changes needed to cope with relegation, please be patient', as we struggle in that league and don't spend what is needed but lose players.

Sounds about right

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

What will be the takeover asking price when we get relegated?

I hope its as low as possible so lerner loses as much money as possible as they tight ahole refused to spend a competitive budget to keep us in the league. now the imbecile stands to lose all that big tv deal money. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I hope its as low as possible so lerner loses as much money as possible as they tight ahole refused to spend a competitive budget to keep us in the league. now the imbecile stands to lose all that big tv deal money. 

He could give the club away for nothing today and the loss he'd make on the sale would still be less than the loss he'd have made on what he's spent getting us to where we are. If you just want to see him skint, you should be hoping he holds onto the club.

Apparraalnty there was an article in the Daily Mail a couple of days ago saying that some Jordanian billionaire was in talks with two Championship clubs and two Premier club about a takeover. Although nothing to do with us, I'd guess.

Edited by useless

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He could give the club away for nothing today and the loss he'd make on the sale would still be less than the loss he'd have made on what he's spent getting us to where we are. If you just want to see him skint, you should be hoping he holds onto the club.

Scott I've had a glass of wine but I'm still trying to make sense of the first sentence! The sale price will include an element of the money he has invested, the loans if you like. In addition the purchase price was £64m. If he sells for the reported £150m then purely on that he will have made £86m . But of course the loans have to be included even though mentioning the debt we are in is unpallatable for some

27 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

Scott I've had a glass of wine but I'm still trying to make sense of the first sentence! The sale price will include an element of the money he has invested, the loans if you like. In addition the purchase price was £64m. If he sells for the reported £150m then purely on that he will have made £86m . But of course the loans have to be included even though mentioning the debt we are in is unpallatable for some

I think OBE means that if the club has a market value of (say) 90 million, and he gave it away he'd "lose" 90 million by giving it away for nothing, but that RL has lost way more than 90 million on it just in terms of the money he's spent to write off all the costs - he's put something like 200 million in writing off losses. His own fault, but Scott's right.

Since Lerner bought Villa in July 2006, the club has accumulated losses before tax of £222 million – nearly a quarter of a billion pounds. In the five years between 2009 and 2013 alone the club lost £207 million, averaging £41 million a year. That’s an awful lot of money to finish 15th or 16th....

RL deservedly got his fingers burned. Underestimated the whole ownership proposition - thought, as a billionaire, he could buy the club, spend a couple of tens of million and he would be right up there. Failed to install a proper business infrastructure immediately and got burned, just didn't understand how serious a business it is, you can't stand still. We have for 5 seasons and now the cupboard is bare.

Collymore talks from the heart, but for me talks a lot of sh*t, however his idea of a board of ex-Villa players and managers to give views over direction/transfers etc would add an interesting counter view hopefully in the interest of the club's long term success. Our list of non-footballing directors/CEO's is an obvious problem..... I mean General Krulak?!

He thought as a billionaire he could spend a couple of million and be right up there

1) Man city came along and made it so even spending £200m wasn't enough

2) UEFA came along and said we weren't allowed to spend that £200m

He got his fingers burnt because what he bought in to simply doesn't exist anymore

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

He thought as a billionaire he could spend a couple of million and be right up there

He got his fingers burnt because what he bought in to simply doesn't exist anymore

Man citeh and ffp continue to be used as an excuse for him when they shouldn't.! Have they affected Leicester or Southampton or Stoke or Watford or palace or Everton ? How about manure and Chelsea ? Are they bad because they can't compete with citeh or because of ffp? Those thing have **** all to do with the way we are run

• Like 3

Richard, I'm not for a moment suggesting that he's used the money well, just that he's used it. He's spent a fortune and somehow managed to waste every penny, and given that he shows no sign of suddenly figuring it out, a sale wouldn't just be good for us.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Richard, I'm not for a moment suggesting that he's used the money well, just that he's used it. He's spent a fortune and somehow managed to waste every penny, and given that he shows no sign of suddenly figuring it out, a sale wouldn't just be good for us.

Yeah but I don't give a shit about him. He would not get the steam off my piss

Lerners ownership of Villa reminds me of an episode of Father Ted ,Ted has a car to raffle but notices a small dent so he trys to tap it out but makes the dent worse .on he goes continuing to tap out the dent convinced he will makes things right .He does this until all that is left is a destroyed car.

Everything Lerner does to fix the initial mistakes just makes it worse so I concur he is at the point where just cutting his loss's would benefit everyone.

• Like 2

Man citeh and ffp continue to be used as an excuse for him when they shouldn't.! Have they affected Leicester or Southampton or Stoke or Watford or palace or Everton ? How about manure and Chelsea ? Are they bad because they can't compete with citeh or because of ffp? Those thing have **** all to do with the way we are run

It has everything to do with how we're run

Explain his change in attitude without it, he flipped the switch because MON upset him? Because Milner chose city over us?

They changed the rules and he threw his toys out of the pram and pulled the plug

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It has everything to do with how we're run

Explain his change in attitude without it, he flipped the switch because MON upset him? Because Milner chose city over us?

They changed the rules and he threw his toys out of the pram and pulled the plug

Did the owners of all the other clubs I mentioned "throw their toys out and pull the plug" ?

Â