The Randy Lerner thread

CI

6 hours ago, imavillan said:

imo worst owner ever

only in it for the money, how come the mighty Crystal Palace can get funds from America? How come Man City can get even more funds from China? But he cant actively find a buyer? I cannot believe we are not an attractive club with our history, heritage, platform and fan base. 

MBNA left to him by Daddy, result sold it.

Cleveland Browns left to him by Daddy, result sold it.

Aston Villa, bought him self and now want to sell

There is a common theme here in that cannot see anything out. A Lucky man born with a silver spoon.

For me, even if he bank rolls us to safety in January and by some miracle we survive, he will still rank as the worst. He needs to to go, we will not do anything under his stewardship. Nothing. I am fully aware of the 'be careful what you wish for' thing, but the sooner he does one the better. Clueless.

Total waffle. 

Percy was pretty reliable but last few articles been bit off the ball.

As for struggling to find buyers , in both instances mentioned the clubs city and palace gained investors to buy into club ,not a full sale. They are investing in clubs doing well so looks a low risk move.

Us on the other hand are spiraling out of league and need a full take over.Personally I feel they are savvy people interested who are waiting for us to drop then will try pick us up at knock down price.

11 hours ago, Nabby said:

Percy was pretty reliable but last few articles been bit off the ball.

As for struggling to find buyers , in both instances mentioned the clubs city and palace gained investors to buy into club ,not a full sale. They are investing in clubs doing well so looks a low risk move.

Us on the other hand are spiraling out of league and need a full take over.Personally I feel they are savvy people interested who are waiting for us to drop then will try pick us up at knock down price.

It's much easier to generate revenue and make money in London and Manchester than it is in Birmingham, as Tom Fox said without TV revenue the money Aston Villa generates has barely changed in 15 years. Hardly a surprise people don't want to invest or buy the club.

19 minutes ago, KHV said:

It's much easier to generate revenue and make money in London and Manchester than it is in Birmingham, as Tom Fox said without TV revenue the money Aston Villa generates has barely changed in 15 years. Hardly a surprise people don't want to invest or buy the club.

Really? Why? 

14 minutes ago, KHV said:

Agree its easier for London it has the obvious catchment of being the capital, but as for Manchester. Birmingham has as much going on for it as Manchester. For Fox to say revenues have hardly changed just sums it up even more for me. What have we been doing to market the club? Once again, its a lack of foresight and smacks of complacency. What have we been doing in the Far East to market the club to a massive fan base who are interested in the Premier League. Granted the vast majority will follow the Sky 4/5, but we have done the square root of jack !!!! Once again missed opportunities from a mis guided management team.

18 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Agree its easier for London it has the obvious catchment of being the capital, but as for Manchester. Birmingham has as much going on for it as Manchester. For Fox to say revenues have hardly changed just sums it up even more for me. What have we been doing to market the club? Once again, its a lack of foresight and smacks of complacency. What have we been doing in the Far East to market the club to a massive fan base who are interested in the Premier League. Granted the vast majority will follow the Sky 4/5, but we have done the square root of jack !!!! Once again missed opportunities from a mis guided management team.

I think people from overseas see Manchester as a better proposition, Manchester is marketed a lot better than Birmingham

In today's Telegraph. I wonder which former manager leaked this little anecdote. :detect:

Lerner’s hopes of selling the club this season are remote and the American is now so disconnected that he allegedly sent a text message to a former manager wishing him luck for the Saturday when the game was on a Sunday.

Edited by Davkaus

I would think that the more heavyweight's that have set up shop.....the less that get attracted to it.

when sheiks and oligarchs pitch their tents it's time to move on and let them get on with it.

2 hours ago, KHV said:

...and that's about to take a massive hit thanks solely to the pathetic word removed called Randy Lerner.

Of all the seasons to go down, they have picked the worst one.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

...and that's about to take a massive hit thanks solely to the pathetic word removed called Randy Lerner.

Of all the seasons to go down, they have picked the worst one.

Money is not a reason for this to be a bad season to go down. 

I still dont understand why the blame is put at Lerner's feet. Most fans were happy with the 50m spent on players last summer (I realise the net spend was not much). Most were happy with Sherwood and the squad. "The best summer in years" was frequently spouted. But yeah its Lerner's fault our players man for man are absolute shite and nothing has changed with a new manager.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

I still dont understand why the blame is put at Lerner's feet. Most fans were happy with the 50m spent on players last summer (I realise the net spend was not much). Most were happy with Sherwood and the squad. "The best summer in years" was frequently spouted. But yeah its Lerner's fault our players man for man are absolute shite and nothing has changed with a new manager.

Well it is. He makes it clear he doesn't want to be here, he spends no **** money, we are run on a pissing shoe string and he keeps hiring words removed who know **** ALL about running a football club.

If I saw him crossing the street, I wouldn't even brake.

• Like 2

Hopefully today's banning of Platini will set the wheels in motion the abolishing of the farcical and frankly unfair financial fair play rules he instigated. Which in turn should make it easier to attract the sort of buyer we crave. Just need to do that little thing called staying in the league. 

Â