The Randy Lerner thread

CI

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

and if we signed players like Brian Clough did and went on to good things again like in the early 80's under Saunders,

We would change the landscape back to suit us.....thats a red herring.

Leicester are Leicester in the East Midalnds........Not Leicester Square.

Sorry. I've read this a few times. I don't understand what you mean.

In my view the appointment of new managers is a charade.....They are all being "hung out to dry"

Manager after manager they are left with an untenable situation to deal with, only attracted by the huge wages and possibly great history, enviable facilities.

The club/owner need to address the supporters and tell them what kind of recruitment policy the club accepts from their manager.

If they are expected to do a Leicester, we need to know......If they are going to be supported with huge sums of money we need to know that too.

We cannot keep trading idly from month to month, not knowing what strategy the club have for improving our situation.

Silence in this instance is very much .....NOT GOLDEN.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

On 18 December 2015 at 11:22, sexbelowsound said:

Sorry. I've read this a few times. I don't understand what you mean.

You said the Landscape has changed considerably.

I'm saying that is a red herring.

Things in football change all of the time and they always have had for hundred odd years.....you can't keep defaulting to that.

I can list all the things that haven't changed and will continue to stay the same.

If our club was run correctly and were at the Top end of the table like Leicester and the wages were reasonable....just about any class of player would want to come.

and in the same parallel, not many want to leave, when you are winning.

Birmingham has little to do with it, its a red herring.

blimey, John Carew essentially lived in London, the amount of time he spent there, but still played for us.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, TRO said:

You said the Landscape has changed considerably.

I'm saying that is a red herring.

Things in football change all of the time and they always have had for hundred odd years.....you can't keep defaulting to that.

I can list all the things that haven't changed and will continue to stay the same.

If our club was run correctly and were at the Top end of the table like Leicester and the wages were reasonable....just about any class of player would want to come.

and in the same parallel, not many want to leave, when you are winning.

Birmingham has little to do with it, its a red herring.

blimey, John Carew essentially lived in London, the amount of time he spent there.

I was referring to one of the reasons why other clubs like Crystal Palace are now more likely to get investment over us.

I think that's fairly obvious isn't it?

5 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

I was referring to one of the reasons why other clubs like Crystal Palace are now more likely to get investment over us.

I think that's fairly obvious isn't it?

I thought you meant in a general sense, apologies.

In terms of investment maybe so....... but investors change like the weather in terms of what is attractive.

Nothing stopping Randy getting some money men to join him....if he can't sell it.....He may be under more pressure to get it right then.

imo worst owner ever

only in it for the money, how come the mighty Crystal Palace can get funds from America? How come Man City can get even more funds from China? But he cant actively find a buyer? I cannot believe we are not an attractive club with our history, heritage, platform and fan base. 

MBNA left to him by Daddy, result sold it.

Cleveland Browns left to him by Daddy, result sold it.

Aston Villa, bought him self and now want to sell

There is a common theme here in that cannot see anything out. A Lucky man born with a silver spoon.

For me, even if he bank rolls us to safety in January and by some miracle we survive, he will still rank as the worst. He needs to to go, we will not do anything under his stewardship. Nothing. I am fully aware of the 'be careful what you wish for' thing, but the sooner he does one the better. Clueless.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, imavillan said:

imo worst owner ever

only in it for the money, how come the mighty Crystal Palace can get funds from America? How come Man City can get even more funds from China? But he cant actively find a buyer? I cannot believe we are not an attractive club with our history, heritage, platform and fan base. 

MBNA left to him by Daddy, result sold it.

Cleveland Browns left to him by Daddy, result sold it.

Aston Villa, bought him self and now want to sell

There is a common theme here in that cannot see anything out. A Lucky man born with a silver spoon.

For me, even if he bank rolls us to safety in January and by some miracle we survive, he will still rank as the worst. He needs to to go, we will not do anything under his stewardship. Nothing. I am fully aware of the 'be careful what you wish for' thing, but the sooner he does one the better. Clueless.

I take it you don't remember the Normansells.....just kidding.

It has turned out to be a devasting disappointment to us all.

Randy Lerner is a glorified trust fund baby. 

I'm amazed his trade isn't construction related, because he has done an absolute demolition job on Aston Villa Football Club. The sooner this clown clears off the better. It's going to get very ugly when the inevitable relegation happens and I hope he's made to feel the full force of the fans anger. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Richard said:

I think he is a total **** of the highest order.  Anyone who can make me look back fondly on the days of Ellis deserves to be thought of in the lowest regard possible. word removed

Wow tell us how you really feel lol. I'll go out on a limb and say that Randy isn't on your Christmas card list this year?

10 hours ago, useless said:

We might have had more interest if we were based in London but location isn't the main factor in us not being sold yet.

Birmingham might not be Paris or whatever but I don't see how buying the biggest team in the country's second city is a bad thing re location??? I mean the Abu Dhabi family bought Manchester City and Manchester isn't exactly paradise unless you love Corrie and being stabbed. I get that there's probably the draw of challenging Manchester United but c'mon. There NEEDS to be a big Birmingham club and it just HAS to be Aston Villa (and that's without my claret and blue spectacles on).

18 minutes ago, PaulC said:

So why hasn't it happened? We can't seriously be an attractive proposition if nobody has bought us by now.

It could really be anything and we will never know until we are sold (if at all). The strong potential of the 'R' word which has hung over our heads for years, the asking price may be too high, the seller's terms may be totally unreasonable, there may be a ginormous skeleton in the closet, assets may be kept away from what is being sold, our accounts may be a total mess etc. etc.

Â