The Randy Lerner thread

CI

1 minute ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Palace are welcome to Josh Harris.

His 76ers have just equaled their own awful NBA record of 26 consecutive losses that they last set two seasons ago. 

You really can't compare the two sports. In the NBA, if your team sucks, it takes at least 5-6 years to turn it around. As long as he has endless cash to throw at Palace, they'll be sitting pretty in the PL.

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

You really can't compare the two sports. In the NBA, if your team sucks, it takes at least 5-6 years to turn it around. As long as he has endless cash to throw at Palace, they'll be sitting pretty in the PL.

You'll know more about this than I, but hasn't he owned them since 2011? Surely that's enough time to put them in some order and not let them break their own horrendous record this year after it happened two seasons ago? 

The Chinese agreed a deal to buy us in the summer but if fell through because of the sudden economic situation over there and they weren't even the front runners to buy us. So there is interest and I'm sure once the season is over there will be again, I'm not getting my hopes for then, but I don't think it's the asking price that's proving to be an obstaacklele to us being sold.

If Crystal Palace sells it will be a good thing. There used to be a takeover of a top flight club multiple times a season, but there has not been one for a few years now. There has been a lot of uncertainty put into takeovers due to the new financial restrictions and the increased TV revenue but as soon as one club sells there should be a domino effect and several more go (us, Newcastle, Everton  etc) as there will be a new blueprint for how they should be structured.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So then he has to adjust the asking price. 

If I put my house on the market at London prices I can't turn round and complain about the location for not getting any buyers 2 years later. 

I agree but he isn't going to do that is he and whilst he is keeping the price as it is reported to be clubs like Crystal Palace, and further down the London chain of teams, will get investment or taken over before we do.

4 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

You'll know more about this than I, but hasn't he owned them since 2011? Surely that's enough time to put them in some order and not let them break their own horrendous record this year after it happened two seasons ago? 

When you're in the shit in the NBA, it's a really long haul back to being a team that wins more than loses. He may well have made mistakes, but as long as he commits the money to Palace for them to spend relatively freely, there's not much more you can ask for other than to not hire complete retards.

1 hour ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Palace are welcome to Josh Harris.

His 76ers have just equaled their own awful NBA record of 26 consecutive losses that they last set two seasons ago. 

Devils are one of most frugal teams in NHL at moment as well, 5th lowest salary cap in league

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

If Crystal Palace sells it will be a good thing. There used to be a takeover of a top flight club multiple times a season, but there has not been one for a few years now. There has been a lot of uncertainty put into takeovers due to the new financial restrictions and the increased TV revenue but as soon as one club sells there should be a domino effect and several more go (us, Newcastle, Everton  etc) as there will be a new blueprint for how they should be structured.

I think we may struggle on price, location and the league we may then be in when any such domino effect might kick in.

6 hours ago, TRO said:

we spent as much money in the summer that the whole Leicester squad equates to.

I would suggest the tomatoes get thrown at him for his decision of WHO spends that money and on whom,as opposed to the amount of money.

Fair  point. I meant putting money towards good proven players (Afobe, Austin etc) rather than spend money on more gambles. 

14 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

The landscape has changed considerably.

and if we signed players like Brian Clough did and went on to good things again like in the early 80's under Saunders,

We would change the landscape back to suit us.....thats a red herring.

Leicester are Leicester in the East Midalnds........Not Leicester Square.

Edited by TRO

Â