The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Richard are you still full of optimism

yes, I have not seen anything so far this season to change my opinion. In fact it is going pretty much how I expected it so far.

We have the right manager, for me the best one for the job and the best we could have got

He was backed in the summer and brought in many players for the positions we needed and the players he wanted

He will be backed again in the next window

Yes results have not been brilliant but that is really only what I expected anyway as lambert tries to turn around the shit and inconsistency of the last two years. Medium to long term I am very optimistic

I tell you what makes you look a complete prick is when you pretend everthing is all fine, he is fine, i am fine as lambert likes to say...

Honest bunch of lads...

Would you rather him say...

"SHIT, EVERYONE PANIC WE'RE PLAYING SHITE!!!"

It's gunna take time, have some patience.... been 9 games ffs.

yes, I have not seen anything so far this season to change my opinion. In fact it is going pretty much how I expected it so far.

We have the right manager, for me the best one for the job and the best we could have got

He was backed in the summer and brought in many players for the positions we needed and the players he wanted

Yes results have not been brilliant but that is really only what I expected anyway as lambert tries to turn around the shit and inconsistency of the last two years. Medium to long term I am very optimistic

Given the state the squad has got to thanks to Randy Lerner i think its quite clear he wasn't backed enough.

We are over a quarter the way through the season and on target for 26 points. We now have a very tough run coming up in November. I am struggling to see where we are going to pick up the points required to get to 40 and safety.

Funny thing.

Under houllier and Mcleish I got slatted for saying things were bad and I was told I was just pessimistic and depressing (when in actual fact what I was saying was fact not fiction) and now I am optimistically deluded. How times change

Funny thing.

Under houllier and Mcleish I got slatted for saying things were bad and I was told I was just pessimistic and depressing (when in actual fact what I was saying was fact not fiction) and now I am optimistically deluded. How times change

Yes you do seem to be at the extream end of the opinion spectrum and your 180 degree switch over the summer was quite remarkable without very much actually changing.

I have been pretty worried about us ever since we sold Young and Downing in the same window without replacing them with any real quality. That was the signal from me that we were aiming our sights much much lower.

Your missing the point my beef is with the coward lerner, even though lambert is out of his league its not his fault he got employed,

Same gos for houiler and mcduff... you have to look at the people who employ these people...

Incase you have forgot we have gone from 3 top six finnish to 3 consecutive relagation scraps...

Its not just the last 10 games as you say!.. we have been shit for 3 years and its all down to the coward lerner.

I'm bizarrely still optimistic, I think this season is going how I expected although probably one more win on the board wouldve been more desirable but I did think we would be bottom half of the table. New, young players in, new system and the need for time to adapt. I believe it's going as expected. We'll get better and will pick up the results as games move more into the season and players settle. I'm worried about not having a dominant force in midfield so hopefully Lambert will address that in the next window

Funny thing.

You were just saying things as they were under Houllier and McLeish. You've stopped doing that under Lambert, even though he's doing a worse job than both of them.

If this continues the medium to long term means relegation and Lambert getting fired though

Â