The Randy Lerner thread

CI

A left back, defensive midfielder, winger and a centre back are all a must come January. The sad thing is these will also be from League 1 and 2. And I think lerner will be a word removed and say Lambert needs to sell before buying. This means selling Bent.

It's starting to look like we should have spent big on the likes of Berbatov, Johnson, Dempsey and Nzonzi.

January will be a desperate market place even worse this time.

Has our German scouting system unearthed anything yet ?

I'd get Hitz back ASAP. He's on a trial at everton I believe.

Lets not forget went bent signed we had young and downing, had a brilliant season the year before and offered him big money.

We'll find ourselves in a completely different scenario this January so no guarantee we can attract the quality to help us survive.

Thanks you word removed.

Lets not forget went bent signed we had young and downing, had a brilliant season the year before and offered him big money.

We'll find ourselves in a completely different scenario this January so no guarantee we can attract the quality to help us survive.

Thanks you word removed.

Big John, I choose YOU to select the next Villa owner:

Judging by the fact that you completely ignore the millions spent by RL on the club, I assume you know of a willing buyer who's just as wealthy.

Judging by the fact that you blame RL for the departure of Young and Downing, I assume you have some brilliant technique for persuading players not to move to bigger clubs for higher salaries, and can pass on this handy tip to the new owner.

Firstly i don't ignore the millions he spent but any idiot with money can spend it. Which shows because our idiot in charge has spent loads taking the team back to the level it was when he first bought it.

Where have i blamed lerner for young and downing going? I know you can't keep top players who want to go to better clubs. What i do blame him for is the fact the money wasn't put back in the team fully and our good players were replaced with poor players thanks to cutting costs and poor managerial appointments from Randy Lerner.

I don't need to know of people out there who are interested in buying to know that the way Lerner has run the club is abysmal. Its a poor argument and shows just how little there is for fans like you to defend him on.

It is pretty clear that he needs to open up his chequebook this January, and we are talking 20M minimum.

We will probably be under the relegation line in 4 games, which is inevitable given our tough fixtures, and once we are there things will be tough as ****.

We will be adrift by then. Action was needed to replace those sold at the time. Not two years after.

I don't need to know of people out there who are interested in buying to know that the way Lerner has run the club is abysmal. Its a poor argument and shows just how little there is for fans like you to defend him on.

But nobody is saying he's done brilliantly or anything. As things look at the moment I completely agree that he's made a bit of a mess of things. In fact I think he might quietly agree with that himself.

All I'm saying is that polite criticism is one thing, and disrespectfully, ungratefully calling for him to be magically replaced with someone better is another thing.

It's starting to look like we should have spent big on the likes of Berbatov, Johnson, Dempsey and Nzonzi.

January will be a desperate market place even worse this time.

Has our German scouting system unearthed anything yet ?

I'd get Hitz back ASAP. He's on a trial at everton I believe.

If were looking at old out of contract villa players to solve our problems why don't we resign the likes of Leonhardsen and Joey Gudjohnsson i think even they would be good enough to get in this side

Lerner is going to have to spend big again this January...he'll have to break his own rule by paying someone (or two) big wages in a roll of the dice to keep us up...

If I was Lerner and saw the guy I spent 24m on sitting on the bench for the 3rd straight game, I'd want answers.

Lerner is not without blame, but he did go sign the manager most supporters were clamoring for, and he did give him 20m to spend. We needed 2 CB's, a DMF and a striker, and Lambert went out and got them.

Lerner has gambled with our financial stability, by spending money like a kid in a sweet shop. He has gambled by choosing managers that make no sense and are polar opposites, he has gambled with our premiership status by selling England internationals and not replacing them with enough quality.

When do the gambles stop?

Randy,Please sort it out & quick,time is running out we are in freefall we have to smell the coffee before its too late.

We all love the Club but we are now in the mire and have to admit it. The last time we started a season like this 43 years ago we went down to Division 3.

The alarm bells are ringing!!......Hello

• Like 1

Where have i blamed lerner for young and downing going? I know you can't keep top players who want to go to better clubs. What i do blame him for is the fact the money wasn't put back in the team fully and our good players were replaced with poor players thanks to cutting costs and poor managerial appointments from Randy Lerner.

i blame him for those players leaving, I blame him for the reasons why those players left and for the fact they saw better opportunities elsewhere, especially Downing
  • Like 1

Â