The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Evidence shows that constant trolling releases endorphins in the brains of some types of monkeys.

so 5 points from seven against west ham,everton,newcastle,swansea,southampton,wba and spurs isnt a disasterous start? The game against Everton and the second half at Southampton are two of the worst performances from any villa team in years. Some of his tactics and team selections have been awful and his treatment of some players has been awful too. He has made some less than convincing signings when we have a limited budget but he seems to escape any blame for a number of bad decisions and performances.

We could be in big big trouble by christmas with our fixtures coming up. He must do better, a lot better.

I pretty much disagree with all of that post.

Man United at home last season and Tottenham away, Chelsea battering a Villa squad caught napping under MON. Convincing signings? It's not exactly been long enough to pass judgment surely? Some will hit the ground running with Premier League or similar experience, some clearly won't. We're rebuilding, it's just that some people want it to be done now.

I pretty much disagree with all of that post.

Man United at home last season and Tottenham away, Chelsea battering a Villa squad caught napping under MON. Convincing signings? It's not exactly been long enough to pass judgment surely? Some will hit the ground running with Premier League or similar experience, some clearly won't. We're rebuilding, it's just that some people want it to be done now.

we needed rebuilding. I just dont think Lambert is the man to do it.I dont like him and didnt want him here in the first place, Im not seeing anyhing from him so far that gives me any optimism for the season ahead. It has been a poor start, this should not be ovwr looked. our points return from the games so far is just not good enough

we needed rebuilding. I just dont think Lambert is the man to do it.I dont like him and didnt want him here in the first place, Im not seeing anyhing from him so far that gives me any optimism for the season ahead. It has been a poor start, this should not be ovwr looked. our points return from the games so far is just not good enough

You're following your agenda rather than giving him a chance - so I can't really take what you say seriously.

I'd like you to enlighten me then to how it all should have been done??

• Like 1

You can't have unrealistic expectations that lambert could turn the shite of the last two years around in two premier league months

To bring this back to Lerner, he needs to support lambert totally in the project

• Like 1

On the results front it is difficult to disagree, because they are facts, the trouble with results and facts they are derived from criteria. we are is "work in progress" so the criteria is in its infancy.... it just can't be turned around just when you want it to..I couldn't disagree more on the other stuff, however it is your prerogative to dislike him.

lambert is, but needs further backing

Yes I totally agree, Lambert is the man but he needs backing. I am not sure he will get that from Lerner.

(£20m in the window was the rest of the Young/Downing money for me)

Yes I totally agree, Lambert is the man but he needs backing. I am not sure he will get that from Lerner.

(£20m in the window was the rest of the Young/Downing money for me)

which to be fair could have gone elsewhere, after all where did the investment for downing and young come from. I am a critic of Lerner and he needs to go a lot further to bring me totally on side but the last window he at least started the backing. Need another two or three windows like that

which to be fair could have gone elsewhere, after all where did the investment for downing and young come from. I am a critic of Lerner and he needs to go a lot further to bring me totally on side but the last window he at least started the backing. Need another two or three windows like that

Richard you had previously alluded to having been provided some information which had changed your perception a bit Re Lerner and his running if the club. Do you think that the summer spending was in line with what you had heard or were you expecting more? I'm in agreement that if it continues the same for te next few windows then we will be vastly improved and hopefully will see us moving back up towards top 8 finishes, things take time to improve.

This strikes me as being all a bit pointless. Lerner owns the club, he doesnt have pots of money any more, Should he sell? Sure, but who to? There are so many sharks out there, weird little tin pot club owners who may have more cash than Lerner but cant necessarily be trusted to run the club any better

I think wishing for a new owner in the current climate is a risky thing, as you may get what you wish for

• Like 2

I agree with what Richard has been saying. The above about the investment. The money for Downing and Young in the first place came from Lerner's pockets so if he kept some of it to pay for the other outlay he had to do you cant complain.

He is trying to get the club to run it self finance wise which is a good thing if he did decide to leave. We dont want a Portsmouth situation where the owner decided he doesnt want to play anymore and leaves the club financially crippled.

Earlier comment by Richard I agree with is the turnaround in the team. Do people expect Lambert to turn around one of the worst teams in Premiership history that didnt get relegated to European places contenders in the matter of a couple of months?

Moyes had very rocky times before he stabalised Everton. Look at Hughes at QPR, spent a bundle and still bottom of the League.

This rebuilding has probably been the biggest task since 1987 when Taylor came into a club on its knees. We didnt start that season that well either and that was in the old Second Division.

This strikes me as being all a bit pointless. Lerner owns the club, he doesnt have pots of money any more, Should he sell? Sure, but who to? There are so many sharks out there, weird little tin pot club owners who may have more cash than Lerner but cant necessarily be trusted to run the club any better

I think wishing for a new owner in the current climate is a risky thing, as you may get what you wish for

Did he not just receive a very large amount of money for the Cleveland Browns?

Is it not fair for him to be cautious in the light of the last number of seasons signings.No doubt he will say he backs the manager, he has to, but in reality we have not had the best record in the world of signing players who have turned out to make that essential difference.We are " work in progress" and I guess messrs Lerner will monitor that, with the same vigil as a garage owner watching his newly appointed used car manager buying cars with his cheque book.

We have bought very few players who have caught the attention of the top four clubs, so Lerner will be well aware of that. you can count on one hand how many new recruits we have signed that have made a marked difference to the team results, so give Lerner a bit of a break.

I do understand what Lambert is doing and I guess there can be less direct pressure applied to a manager getting his signing right when he has paid modest funds for him.If Lamberts judgement turns out to be prudent, no doubt Lerner will gain confidence and offer more funds to repeat the success....kinda stands to reason.

I'll give him a break when I thinks he deserves one.

He's run the club terribly and we're down where we were under Doug, I think our reputation is probably just as bad as when Doug was in charge.

i'm sure randy just can't sleep at night knowing that there's a keyboard warrior out there who won't give him a break.

we've gone horribly backwards in the last couple of seasons as a result of him doing what everyone is now crying out for him to do, spend metric fucktons of cash on players and wages to try and break the top 4. it didn't work and got us financially **** with a squad of overpaid average players that no-one wanted to buy after they'd been mismanaged and played shit under houllier and AM. instead of being all butt hurt about randy **** things up i'd say fair play in that he gave it a good go and spent shedloads of his own cash chasing the champs league dream. not his fault he backed the wrong managerial horse as it were.

just out of interest were there people on here crying out that randy was a clearing in the woods when we were in the final of the carling cup? i don't think i was on the forums then. i mean, were there people who moan about randy now after he's spunked tons of money and is trying to sort things out and get us set up properly with PL and do things the right way in the long term interest of the club, moaning back then when the cash was flying?

i bet they weren't, but genuine question all the same.

Nowhere near as much as he lost a) in the credit crunch and B) as he spent trying to revive the fortunes of a formerly decent English football club

Having shed all his cash, hundreds of millions of it on their club, these fans are now showing their ingratitude.

I'm sure as fans we used to be all about class. Different era I guess.

• Like 2

Â