The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Well as I believe we will be worried about relegation yet again for the third season in a row so do I.

Lerner spent more than I expected but I think the limitations early on in the summer have resulted in us once again having one of the worst squads in the league.

We've signed 2 players who may make a difference to the shit we've seen so far this season. And after watching the first two games anyone think that's enough?

We've signed 3 players from below the championship. I wonder if any other premiership team has ever done that in 1 window?

And unfortunately when we're struggling this season i can already see Lambert taking the blame while Randy Lerner once again remains untouchable.

The thing is expectations are so low now under this supposed good owner, that just surviving is seen as an achievement and I bet finishing top half a couple of times will be celebrated like winning the league.

Members of VT might accept the poor position we are in but watch the reaction of the fans who go to games.

Still want Lerner out and a better owner in

Suprised at your comment Richard. Did the window not prove to be as good as you were expecting?

I think Randy did fine and lets face it if Dempsey didn't turn us down this place would in a far better mood. So we spent 20 million and if Dempsey came that would have been higher. Lambert picked the players who came in so he takes any flak imo.

Villa n I , lambert was backed to make changes, he got players he wanted and has got rid and will get rid of those he doesn't want. He brought in a top notch scout as well.

However, we will never win anything in the modern game with Lerner as owner, he just hasn't got it, and yes a lot of that is money. Thats what you really need in the game today.

What we have now is a mid table club, a mid table board and tats why I am satisfied with the summer dealings because I have accepted that is the level we are aiming to compete at, with the odd cup run.

I would like better, but we won't do that with Lerner.

I've got no problem with Lerner's level of investment. He puts money into the club every season and a new owner is just as likely (if not more likely) to be worse rather than any richer.

I think he has made some pretty big mistakes in his time here though which deserve criticism. I don't want a new owner however.

Still want Lerner out and a better owner in

Suprised at your comment Richard. Did the window not prove to be as good as you were expecting?

I think Randy did fine and lets face it if Dempsey didn't turn us down this place would in a far better mood. So we spent 20 million and if Dempsey came that would have been higher. Lambert picked the players who came in so he takes any flak imo.

Lambert also denied making a bid for Dempsey, which begs the question, who did? I wouldn't mind betting that was all a smokescreen to make it look like Lerner wasn't penny-pinching after all!

I am not going to slag Lambert off for what he is doing. He has a new job with a new boss to keep happy. He said that he likes to buy young, hungry players because he has learnt from his experience in the game that they are the kind of player he prefers. Would he do the same if he was at Chelsea or either Manchester club? I am guessing probably not!

Lerner clearly can't put the money into Villa and, unless Lambert is a miracle worker, I think it is going to take a new owner before we ever win a trophy or play in European competition again. I just hope that Lambert, and the players he has bought, exceed all of our expectations.

Lambert said that Lerner would have given him more money if required. So either Lambert is lying or he is happy with his signings and backing.

Sadly, I often say things are going better than they actually are at work, simply because it is what the boss wants to hear!

So do we or don't we like Lerner this week? I can never keep up.

Your hilarious sense of humour seems to suggest that people constantly change their opinion of Lerner. When quite clearly there are people who like him and people who don't. Neither side seems to change their opinion of him so not sure what point you're trying to make.

So do we or don't we like Lerner this week? I can never keep up.

Your hilarious sense of humour seems to suggest that people constantly change their opinion of Lerner. When quite clearly there are people who like him and people who don't. Neither side seems to change their opinion of him so not sure what point you're trying to make.

Have to agree, there are three sets

Back, don't back and accept.

This bating by baz is rather childish and straight from the playground.

I am very happy with RL, yes he has made mistakes, yes he has been naive and put his trust in a manager, hopefully he has learned from these errors of the past and has now got people in place to better the club. Chelsea have got a megga rich owner, but how long till he gets fed up with his play thing and starts to claw back the money, all you can ask of an owner is that he improves the club, on the playing side this has not happened but as is plain to see he is working on this side, off the field you have to be blind and stupid to not see what work he has done, Look at Everton, yes they have a good team but also they are skint, they also do not spend megga money on players but sell at a profit and buy players who improve in value and skill. when you look at our club we are on the right track and have a plan. the future is bright as long as we stick with the manager and team and support them as true fans should.

Â