The Randy Lerner thread

CI

They should have known better than to appoint Small Heath's manager.

I still can't believe the club actually went and did that to us. This is what has caused all the unrest and negativity at villa park especially with the fanbase. I don't think McLeish will even be accepted because of his SHA ties. Im amazed the board chose to ignore our rivalry with blues, it shows just how little lerner and co care about the fans. randy can put on all the free coaches he likes but i will never forgive him and i will certainly never back mcleish

Ths post encapsulates what the protest is all about.

Alex McLeish is the former Birmingham City manager.

And that is it!

I still can't believe the club actually went and did that to us. This is what has caused all the unrest and negativity at villa park especially with the fanbase. I don't think McLeish will even be accepted because of his SHA ties. Im amazed the board chose to ignore our rivalry with blues, it shows just how little lerner and co care about the fans. randy can put on all the free coaches he likes but i will never forgive him and i will certainly never back mcleish

And that is it!

One post speaks for all? If so, mine does for you.

You're wrong.

I can't believe Merson of all people reiterated yesterday his own believe that its because he came from sha is the reason we don't want him here. We need a poll. I'm definately with, he seems to have some knowledge, but is finding it very hard to motivate and organise the team. I don't think they all have respect for him.

And that is it!

One post speaks for all? If so, mine does for you.

You're wrong.

I think it is pretty split to be honest, a couple of the lads i work with have said no matter what Eck does they don't want him as manager because of where he came from.

And that is it!

and that is exactly why lerner should not have made the appointment. you can look for all the reasons in the world but the simple fact is that's why mcleish will never be accepted. That's the reason the atmosphere has been sour since day one. some of you don't like it and believe that it should not be an important factor but to many people the hatred of Birmingham City runs deep and appointing mcleish is the equivalent of finding your missus in bed with your best mate.

And that is it!

and that is exactly why lerner should not have made the appointment. you can look for all the reasons in the world but the simple fact is that's why mcleish will never be accepted. That's the reason the atmosphere has been sour since day one. some of you don't like it and believe that it should not be an important factor but to many people the hatred of Birmingham City runs deep and appointing mcleish is the equivalent of finding your missus in bed with your best mate.

It's nothing to do with the Blues connection for me, it is all about his pedigree. He is a shit manager with a shit record. Not good enough for the Villa.

The bit that worries me about that most is, if Lerner/Faulkner believe a manager with shit pedigree and a shit record is good enough for where we are heading - WHERE THE **** ARE WE HEADING?

He is a shit manager with a shit record. Not good enough for the Villa.

He's only a point behind where MON was after 24 PL games with us

I think CV wise he is the closest to O'Neill that you can get, except O'Neill favours tha long ball game that seemingly a lot of our supporters prefer.

MON inherited a team that was relegation bound.

AMC inherited almost the same team that finished sixth and got to the Carling Cup Final and FA Cup semi.

Not a fair comparison.

And that is it!

and that is exactly why lerner should not have made the appointment. you can look for all the reasons in the world but the simple fact is that's why mcleish will never be accepted. That's the reason the atmosphere has been sour since day one. some of you don't like it and believe that it should not be an important factor but to many people the hatred of Birmingham City runs deep and appointing mcleish is the equivalent of finding your missus in bed with your best mate.[/quote

Mate this is bollox and i will tell you why. We could have employed conference manager, if we were top six he would be accepted where ever he came from. If it was quality football going to teams like wolves without a worry, we would be loving him.

And that is it!

Don't talk out your arse.

What if Blues had an excellent up and coming manager, like Mourinho when he was at Porto. Would you still deny him the opportunity to manage Villa just because he worked for arseholes in a previous position?

He is not a Brummie, he is not a Bluenose, he had no connection with the club before 28th November 2007.

If Blues had an excellent player, say the calibre of Messi, would you deny him the chance to play for the Villa?

MON inherited a team that was relegation bound.

AMC inherited almost the same team that finished sixth and got to the Carling Cup Final and FA Cup semi.

Not a fair comparison.

almost the same team apart from milner, young and downing?

oh, and add to that the fact that the defence forgot how to play football around the march of the season you mention, and haven't been the same since?

What a shit appointment. Randy is a tool for appointing this person. The fan base is divided, the seats are empty as a result. Randy has a crap track record for appointing coaches. This one is a shocker. McLeish is a clown too, that interview after the game today had won him no friends at all.

Â