The Randy Lerner thread

CI

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Al-Waleed

This is the guy who was interested in Everton. He is the son of Prince Talal bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud

Assuming Swerbs info is correct this could be very interesting. Prior to Lerner taking over i was told specifically that "Saudis" were interested in buying the club and funnily enough back then they also were said to have visited BH in the June or July.

FWIW This guy's father incidentally is considered one of the good guys, a liberal reformer who wanted Saudi Arabia to move away from an absolute to constitutional monarchy.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Al-Waleed

This is the guy who was interested in Everton. He is the son of Prince Talal bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud

Assuming Swerbs info is correct this could be very interesting. Prior to Lerner taking over i was told specifically that "Saudis" were interested in buying the club and funnily enough back then they also were said to have visited BH in the June or July.

FWIW This guy's father incidentally is considered one of the good guys, a liberal reformer who wanted Saudi Arabia to move away from an absolute to constitutional monarchy.

Oh btw he owns the Four Season George V Hotel in Paris and a 10% stake in Euro Disney near Paris. You never know.....

Oh btw he owns the Four Season George V Hotel in Paris and a 10% stake in Euro Disney near Paris. You never know.....

He also has a significant holding in Citicorp, so perhaps Randy and he are old acquaintances.

Found an article about some invester, worth $19.6b who tried to buy Everton for £100m last year, possibly him? lost article when laptop crashed, sorry!

If someone offered £100mil for Everton, they'd have new owners by now

Like I say there are literally thousands of Saudi Royal Princes, most of them are called Prince Abdulaziz

The King of Saudi alone has 60+ kids

I'm guessing this was an innocent visit by a distant cousin who happens to like English PL and particularly Villa

Found an article about some invester, worth $19.6b who tried to buy Everton for £100m last year, possibly him? lost article when laptop crashed, sorry!

If someone offered £100mil for Everton, they'd have new owners by now

Tell that to the article.

He also has a significant holding in Citicorp, so perhaps Randy and he are old acquaintances.

I'm making a u-turn and saying now that Lerner will not be at the club this time next year.

Is that based on anything? Or just gut feeling?

Just a feeling. Been thinking about it all, player sales, wage reductions, buying up remaining shares (??), never at the club, the weird reaction from the club the other day about the leaked appearance of him and yet no mention of a Saudi Royal Prince which you would think would be good publicity.

Something is happening and he will sell.

To be honest with you guys, I was very spectacle to the news that the Q.I.A was looking at buying Aston Villa.

But as DodgyKnees has said, I am a firm believer that Randy will not be in charge of Villa come next season.

The idea that people think that we are cutting the wage bill to its bare bones to then rebuild the squad again by spending millions is a bit OTT.

Randy this season, I don't think has put any of his own cash into Villa. I'm in the thinking, that the bonus & TV revenue went onto buy Given, CNZ, Hutton, Stevens & Jenas. The point that we only signed Keane on a £500k deal points to the fact Randy was unwilling to splash his cash.

The other point being is the North Stand. Plans where in place to rebuild the stand & then have it fall into line with St James'. People inside of Villa have said its been shelved due to the financial climate.

Villa have also contacted season ticket holders asking to do a survey. Over the years I have had my ticket I have never been asked to do one. Cutting the long story short, it was a call to see if I was renewing next season. When asked if I wouldn't renew if we got a low league place again points to me, that Randy just wants to club to survive in the league.

My response to the customer services rep was "if Alex is still there I won't be". Alex at the end of the day is a short term fix. The press are very much focused on him & the team. This allows the board to act like Ninjas & play it low key.

The fact as well that I have had at least 4 people tell me Randy is ready to sell says he is doing things right. Not on the field but Randy does love Villa & he won't screw us over by having any jack jones walk in.

Whether its the Q.I.A or anyone else. Many are getting itchy feet over Randy & the board with the direction the club is going.

Being a ticket holder our home attendances have been poor. 10,000 people don't stop coming for a reason. If I'm being honest, the public have had some awesome deals to get fans back in. Which does make you wonder this season at least why bother having a season ticket.

Also don't you find it weird that villa posted that Randy had been here over the last few weeks to talk to Alex. But, in a interview recently Alex said he hadn't seen Randy since after Christmas?

Also why did Villa post about Randy ON THE DAY that the prince was supposedly going to Bodymoor Heath?

I would love to be a fly on the wall to see Villa's end of season figures. I bet they are alarming!

I would love to be a fly on the wall to see Villa's end of season figures. I bet they are alarming!
Same. I'm not sure how many season tickets we shifted for this season, but I bet if McLeish is still here there'll be a huge fall in the number we sell for next seaosn.

Same. I'm not sure how many season tickets we shifted for this season, but I bet if McLeish is still here there'll be a huge fall in the number we sell for next seaosn.

Depends on what sort of investment we see in the close season. Sign good players and the fans will react with season ticket sales. It's always been like that, whoever the manager is. I don't see it being any different this time.

Â