The Randy Lerner thread

CI

52 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

How do we know we've hired a new firm? The only official news is 'he's not a motivated seller.'

I just don't think he's desperate to get rid. We have no impact on his life, we're like an expensive watch sitting in his drawer. He'll sell it if the right offer is made, but most days he forgets about it even existing. 

I'm not trying to be an arse or anything by asking this but what is it you're expecting from Lerner?

Are you wanting a statement along the lines of "I'm motivated in selling the club"? 

Or something more than that? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

This is grim. Thoughts and best wishes to all those affected #avfc

Villa to axe 500 jobs!

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-aston-villa-axe-staggering-11210956

I still have no idea why we employed so many in the first place. We had more staff than Spurs, West Ham and Everton 

34 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'm not trying to be an arse or anything by asking this but what is it you're expecting from Lerner?

Are you wanting a statement along the lines of "I'm motivated in selling the club"? 

Or something more than that? 

I want the club sold. 

His actions so far don't speak of someone desperate to sell. We've been available for 2 years. Only now are we hearing reports of the price being lowered but until I see something come of it I'm not going to believe that this man is desperate to get rid of the club. 

56 minutes ago, Nabby said:

He was desperate enough to pubicaly say he wants to sell the club , the comments since are just to save face IMO as by saying he wanted to sell he appeared desperate and only received low offers

He brought a fairly well run, well respected Established Prem league club he now owns a shambolic loss making Championship side, ridiculed in the media and   is universally hated by fans.Even hiding away overseas he can't get away from he very public melt down of the club and his name being dragged daily through the mud.He wants out and he wants out quickly.Longer this drags on the more money he is going to lose.

I disagree. He's a billionaire living overseas I doubt the meltdown of this club has any impact on his day to day life. We're an investment, an object to a very wealthy man.

19 hours ago, Woodytom said:

What you on about?

You created a hypothetical situation, based on nothing, to bring so called balance to the debate. You then called the opinion people have based on actual evidence as naive and uninformed. 

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You created a hypothetical situation, based on nothing, to bring so called balance to the debate. You then called the opinion people have based on actual evidence as naive and uninformed. 

Whats the hypothetical situation exactly?

It's not hypothetical to believe Lerner is solely responsible hasn't done it out of malice and therefore doesn't deserve to be abused imo. That's pretty much my stance.

If you are talking about me saying that post about bernstein walking out due to funds? That was me coming up with an example (devils advocate if you like) purely to illustrate how the fans would react to said example - 

So they would read 'bernstein walks out over lack of funds' and basically jump on Lerner's back. That's how it usually goes anyway......

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I want the club sold. 

His actions so far don't speak of someone desperate to sell. We've been available for 2 years. Only now are we hearing reports of the price being lowered but until I see something come of it I'm not going to believe that this man is desperate to get rid of the club. 

So because the club hasn't been sold, that means that he isn't desperate to sell? That doesn't really follow any kind of logic.

Maybe the reason why the club hasn't been sold is the same reason why he is desperate to sell.... because the club is a **** mess.

Edited by PieFacE

4 hours ago, PieFacE said:

So because the club hasn't been sold, that means that he isn't desperate to sell? That doesn't really follow any kind of logic.

Maybe the reason why the club hasn't been sold is the same reason why he is desperate to sell.... because the club is a **** mess.

You asked me what I wanted. I think the fact there club hasn't been sold and there official line is he's not a motivated seller makes it pretty logical.

On 4/20/2016 at 07:06, Woodytom said:

No, football fans want their football club to be purchased out of passion..... It simply isn't like that though. 

They're hardly triple-A rated investments. 

And he hasn't used us to hawk MBNA either. 

It was bought out of nothing but passion, sadly he's got bored of the hobby, like most men do when they take up new hobbies during a mid-life crisis. 

1 hour ago, Cliffy Biro said:

He wasn't part of that company when he came here though was he? Otherwise maybe he would have.

Was he not? Fair enough. 

I think the point still stands, he hasn't used us as an advertising vehicle or for promoting family interests at all. 

Football ownership is a bit of luck as well. Leicesters owners didn't seem the most clued up in the past, like any business they are trusting the people they employ. Lerner needs to go, no doubt about it and he has fooked us up but for a time he tried, even this season we spent some money and we moan about the wage bill. The press report a lack of spending but also that we are paying people to much. They can't both be right. Miss management with out doubt but unfortunately I do worry who we will get when we get brought 

Randy, I have some news for you!

The reason you are struggling to sell Aston Villa Football Club is because you have screwed up so badly for several years now that the club is a total wreck. It's not like you bought a luxury car and took it for occasional drives in the summer and kept its service history updated so to keep its value. No, you took that luxury car and treated it like a joyrider would, without ever being bothered to get it serviced.

Â