The Randy Lerner thread

CI

40 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Hopefully today's banning of Platini will set the wheels in motion the abolishing of the farcical and frankly unfair financial fair play rules he instigated. Which in turn should make it easier to attract the sort of buyer we crave. Just need to do that little thing called staying in the league. 

I don't think there are billionaires just lining up to spunk their money on our shite team unfortunately.

• Like 1

I was under the impression it was David Gill who instigated it? If not then he was at least one of the main driving forces behind it

A director of a club with the highest income in world football introducing rules where spending is capped by income...

Should tell you everything you need to know

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Oh well at least he won't have to spend any money in January now considering were down anyway

Bargain basement shopping as usual

Will be Flamini on loan and nothing more

He is the one to blame! Inability to fund us for transfers, idiotic decision to give MON free reign. The last three managers have probably had no choice but to ostracise players to raise funds, undoubtedly leads to tension in the camp with the bomb squad. What a mess he's made Villa. Should've listened to Cleveland Brown fans, they knew what we were getting 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2015 at 17:12, imavillan said:

imo worst owner ever

only in it for the money, how come the mighty Crystal Palace can get funds from America? How come Man City can get even more funds from China? But he cant actively find a buyer? I cannot believe we are not an attractive club with our history, heritage, platform and fan base. 

MBNA left to him by Daddy, result sold it.

Cleveland Browns left to him by Daddy, result sold it.

Aston Villa, bought him self and now want to sell

There is a common theme here in that cannot see anything out. A Lucky man born with a silver spoon.

For me, even if he bank rolls us to safety in January and by some miracle we survive, he will still rank as the worst. He needs to to go, we will not do anything under his stewardship. Nothing. I am fully aware of the 'be careful what you wish for' thing, but the sooner he does one the better. Clueless.

I take it you don't remember the Normansells.....just kidding.

It has turned out to be a devasting disappointment to us all.

Finally a bit of payback. You ignored the fans, you didn't run the club properly and now you're set to lose millions.

Take that you clueless American lady garden.

• Like 1

Â