The Randy Lerner thread

CI

If things get really dire with McLeish we'll see what Lerner's plans are. As long as he's in the job a takeover is likely, however if RL forks out the £3m or whatever is required to get rid of him it's safe to say he's not interested in selling any time soon.

If things get really dire with McLeish we'll see what Lerner's plans are. As long as he's in the job a takeover is likely, however if RL forks out the £3m or whatever is required to get rid of him it's safe to say he's not interested in selling any time soon.
Unless we sack McLeish and bring in a manager that would seem a bit too good for us at the moment.

Are we not able to buy the club as supporters, and then elect a chairman to make decisions on a termly-basis, a la Barcelona and Madrid?

Those clubs generate ten times the income that Villa do. We're vastly spending beyond the club's means as it is, so if the 'fans' were to take control of Villa and use only the club's generated income to fund the players we'd probably just implode, as we'd have to sell half the current squad to balance the books and then we'd subsequently get relegated. Then our parachute payments would run out and we would have no sky money, and might have 20,000 gates every week in the Championship. We would then have to re-adjust again accordingly selling any of the quality we might have left in our squad until we found our sustainable level. Probably bottom half of Championship - Leeds are pretty much self sustaining at this stage I think.

So just exactly what is Lerner playing at?

He isn't here and spends 6 months at least a year in USA. He can't/won't invest therefore the whole thing is going backwards.

What is the 'plan'? keep ticking over hoping this inbecile can keep us in the Prem and HOPE something happens? Or is he going to actually make something happen?

As it is his investment is losing by the day and him sitting on his arse across the pond doing nothing to change things ain't helping is it?

He would be better selling now at a loss than sucking his thumb watching it lose even more, and if we get relegated seeing it worth 'jolly jack shit'!

Qatar Investment Authourity to takeover Aston Villa at end of season ??

Lots of talk on internet. Not sure if it's true or a wind up. What are the fans opinions ?

How rich are they?

I can't believe people are entertaining this story based on some ITK bullshit from an unknown new poster on some website, I know times are bad but anyone pinning their hopes on this needs to lay off the Christmas sherry.

It isn't going to happen we are stuck with Mr Burns and Smithers for the foreseeable future so expect lots more bumbling and poor decisions.

I just want to know what the plans are. Is RL interested or is he looking for a buyer?

So far the last 18 month has undone a large chunk of the great work that Lerner did when he took over. Having great training facilities and a nice pub is great, but what is on the pitch is atrocious.

I for one hope the QIA rumours are true.

I just want to know what the plans are. Is RL interested or is he looking for a buyer?

So far the last 18 month has undone a large chunk of the great work that Lerner did when he took over. Having great training facilities and a nice pub is great, but what is on the pitch is atrocious.

I for one hope the QIA rumours are true.

agreed..in football its very hard to take a step forward & as we have seen over the last 18months its easy to slip backwards

There's no magical buyer waiting in the wings, who in their right mind would want to buy Villa? Like all major football clubs we are massively overvalued as the financial state of football continues to crumble. We play in the Premier League where the competition and money is fierce, no other Arab groups would dare piss into the same pot as Man City especially since they would have such a sizable head start. We are stuck with Randy and Randy is stuck with Villa. The best thing we can do is convince him to put a CEO in charge of the club who understands the game and the politics that go with it rather than that naive fool Faulkner.

If QIA buy Villa I will have a heart attack seriously.. It's rumours like this I hate as I can't help but get a little excited even if it turns out bullshit. Just the thought of it happening and seeing Villa spending £100 million+ in the Summer is nice.

Â