Thomas Hitzlsperger

AndyBM

ive only just noticed that hitz now plays for everton, did he come on today?

im a little gutted, i always liked him and wish he stayed, wouldnt mind him back here now to help us out, hes better than half our midfielders :(

He wouldn't have got near those midfields under O'Neill. Perhaps in year one but after that, no chance. It was the right decision to let him go.

He's a better player now, or was, but he wouldn't improve us anywhere near enough.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

He had some left foot. Sadly we never really saw the best of him as he was just a youngster when he was here. Has had a very good career winning German league and think has over 50 German caps not a bad achievement. Plus got to World Cup semi final and Euro 2008 final.

If counted as academy player he is probably the most successful players we produced

Just checked, he got 52. Its strange because whenever I watch Germany which was quite often I never saw him. playing. My favourite memory of Hitzlsperger was the winner at Fratton park in 2005. He was sold at the right time. both from the clubs point of view and his.

Edited by Voinjama

. much better than Reo-Coker or Sidwell or even Petrov

I'm a fan of Hitzlesperger but you can't compare him to Stan. They play completely different midfield roles. Thomas would not have got into that Young, Barry, Petrov, Milner midfield. Stan more than held his own in that unit and his attitude alone and leadership qualities mean he was worth his weight in gold. It should also be remembered in 2008/09 he rightly won the supporters player of the year and also players player of the year awards after an excellent season.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Â