Favourite Sport To Watch (Not football)

MattS

What sport do you like watching the most (Not Football)  

119 members have voted

1. 1. What sport do you like watching the most (Not Football)

• Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Rugby (L)
    • Rugby (U)
    • Basketball
    • Hockey (Field or Ice)
    • Baseball
    • NFL
    • Pub Sports (Darts, 9-ball etc...)
    • Other

Live, hands down hockey, especially play off hockey. One of the few times these days that you see millionaire athletes really, really giving it their all and putting their bodies on the line, and everybody, I mean everybody is playing hurt. And the only North American pro sport where the players really do want to win the actual cup itself. Then they each get a day with it in the offseason, they drink out of it, etc. One legend is that the Penguins actually lost it for a couple of days only for it to be found at the bottom of Mario Lemieux's pool.

On television, NFL. The perfect television sport. Played on sunday starting at 1PM, roll out of bed with hangover by 12, greasy food, a bit of the hair of the dog and your off and running. No need to pay attention too hard because they show every relevant play 3-4 times, then some guy actually "chalkboards" the thing in case the replays weren't slow enough for you. Any excuse for wings and beer as well.

Actually NHL is awesome though haven't seen it in years. When I was out in Canada got to see a double overtime loss for the canadiens ( montreal ) against the boston bruins. it was one of my favourite sporting occasions live.

have also just got back from working at an arena where premier league darts was going on. **** mental atmosphere chock full of pissheads. though got lots of "**** offs" due to selling crates of carlsberg at £80. :crylaugh:

UFC for me. Used to love boxing as a kid but it just seems tame now in comparison.

Tennis can be good too as can cricket and athletics but only if the national team are being represented.

I quite like some NFL and UFC

Same here, but I watch MMA in general rather than just the UFC. It's great following the rise of future UFC stars as they progress in the XFC, KOTC, Titan FC, Legacy, MFC, BAMMA, Bellator or whatever show is on. HDnet is a great channel for MMA fans.

UFC for me. Used to love boxing as a kid but it just seems tame now in comparison.

Tennis can be good too as can cricket and athletics but only if the national team are being represented.

Forgot about athletics, that can be good on a sat/sun morning just vegging out in bed or summat.

We (as in Britain & Ireland) get the live American feed including replays. A game kicks off at 6pm our time and another kicks off at 9pm. Sometimes you miss the first few minutes of the 2nd game and sometimes you don't. You never miss an hour though. So I dunno what your network are doing PussEKatt!

The average NFL game is roughly 3:15-3:20 from start to finish in real time*. The NFL tweaks the rules/points of emphasis/etc. every year to keep it in that range. The TV scheduling on the doubleheader network for a given week makes it fairly apparent:

1pm: early game

415pm: late game, and for the first 10-15 minutes or so you'll be hearing the commentator saying "we welcome those of you who were just watching $EARLY_GAME" (followed by a quick summary of anything noteworthy in the early going); alternatively, if one lives in a market that's obligated to show a particular late game in its entirety, you'll often get the "due to contractual obligations, we will be cutting away to show you $OBLIGATORY_GAME" at about 410pm, with an often-abrupt cut (occasionally in the middle of a play) to local adverts at 412, and then to the beginning of the late game.

*: the only real exception to this is the Super Bowl, which is almost never shorter than 3:30 or 3:45 (the most recent one is a notable exception, finishing in 3:23), largely due to the extra advert breaks.

For me, football in general is good: association, rugby league, rugby union, gridiron, australian, gaelic,...

Â