Peter Odem "winge" ie

islingtonclaret

Must have been discussed in the other transfers thread. With deadline day's impressive antics, is there anyone out there that doesn't think this bloke has shown himself up to be an utter, utter Class A greedy plank?

I originally thought that he was taking all the flack for his agent making a gross error, but it appears that, after his "apology", it was his choice to drive to West London.

There could be some 'arry Redknapp porkies going on too, that's for sure.

West Brom signed him without permission.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/01/peter-odemwingie-west-brom-transfer

Peter Odemwingie has hit back at West Bromwich Albion after his proposed move to Queens Park Rangers fell through on the final day of the transfer window.

The striker accused the club of reneging on a gentleman's agreement to let him sign for the west London club, saying he believed West Brom's technical director, Dan Ashworth, had sanctioned the move. He also claimed Albion had signed him from Lokomotiv Moscow without permission.

It is understood that Odemwingie met with Ashworth and Richard Garlick, Albion's legal director, at the club's training ground this morning and has since been sent home and given a few days off.

Odemwingie turned up at Loftus Road on Thursday night expecting to sign, but was barred from the stadium. He had submitted a transfer request at The Hawthorns but when it was rejected he tweeted his frustration. However, a deal with QPR looked set to happen on Thursday, with Albion taking Junior Hoilett on loan in part-exchange, only for the QPR forward to refuse to move.

Although West Brom said they had no agreement over the transfer and Odemwingie did not have permission to speak to Rangers, the 31-year-old Nigerian then appeared at Loftus Road, where he was denied access. Despite attempts to revive the deal 15 minutes before the deadline, it fell apart.

Odemwingie told Sky Sports News: "I learned now that the role of technical director is not superior to a chairman. When you are in England, you are gentlemen and you have to understand each other. After talks there was no need for training. I said I can go now, I got the go ahead from what I understand.

"I went round to thank everyone in the club, the laundry, left some autographs. I promised to come back next week. I will miss them. I went to see everyone to say thanks very much. In my opinion everything was done right. In the last moment I don't know what happened. I think he [Ashworth] can deny it, he has to look good in this situation."

West Brom said Odemwingie had behaved "wholly unprofessionally" and the club's chairman, Jeremy Peace, added: "Peter must now accept the fact he remains under contract for a further 18 months and has to focus on his Albion commitments."

Odemwingie retorted: "We will find a way forward which is suitable for everyone. The truth is we all went wrong somewhere. A few days ago [Peace] told me himself we could have handled it differently. I agreed. I said we have burned some bridges. It was never out of money, it was my professional desire. I was ready to give up my bonus of £300K already earned and I offered it back to the club.

"I don't know really what happened. Whatever path we have to take, we need to sit down and iron this issue out. I came to this club in a wholly unprofessional way. I wasn't given any permission by Lokomotiv Moscow. I'm saying these things don't matter so much when adults are dealing with each other."

West Brom will hope Odemwingie can put all thoughts of the past week out of his mind and concentrate on club matters, starting on Sunday when ninth-placed Albion host fourth-placed Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League. The club are due to hold a press conference on Friday afternoon at which Odemwingie's future will be addressed.

Odemwingie is unsure what his immediate future at West Brom holds for him, but believes he is still likely to leave in the summer. He added: "I love the club, I love the fans, I did perform here, I did enjoy myself here. I will always love the club, no matter what's happened, but I will still leave, it's just a matter of time. I'm not saying it in a harsh way. I mean my contract is going to run out in a year and a half, I wasn't offered an extension here.

"What I mean is my career as a whole will end one day, so will my contract here at West Brom. We're not enemies, it's all about football at the end of the day, it's nothing personal. There's nothing maybe illegal from any side, but maybe things went wrong, maybe a bit unprofessional, but with that we almost still got there."

QPR manager Harry Redknapp said he felt sorry for the situation Odemwingie found himself in. "I wasn't at all disappointed yesterday as I felt we made some fantastic signings," Redknapp said. "I was just disappointed the way the Peter Odemwingie situation went. I was disappointed for the boy.

"The whole thing was a bit of a mess. I felt genuinely sorry for him. I think there was a mistake. He travelled down and I think he thought the deal was done and that is why he turned up. I think he thought 'I better get down, have the medical, sign the forms' - it was just a mistake. It is now difficult as he has to go back to West Brom and get on with his life.

"It wasn't easy. He is not a bad lad, he is a nice, nice boy and that is what disturbed me last night, that he got himself into that situation and there was nothing sort of malicious in it."

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Nothing will come of that 'signign him without permission' thingy, as LM would've said something by now. and they've been paid a fee. Not as if he just turned at Albion one day whilst LM were expecting himk to turn up at training, and later found out he was in England.

PO sure is a c*** though.

Edited by djamfisher

He will be rewarded handsomely in the long run for taking the flak now. By spinning it this way WBA don't look like mugs and QPR don't get in serious shit.

will he though? QPR stay up they will look for better players in the summer, wont get a better contract from WBA and will probably end up at a club like Fulham or Wigan with a salary miles apart from what QPR was offering.

though he deserves everything he gets 

'It was never about money.  It was my professional desire.'

What an absolute load of bollox.  Why on earth would you move to a bottom of the league club with a very real danger of going down from a club currently having their best season in recent times?

How can he ever play for West Brom again?

Love the way Albion fans are saying how proud they are are of the club... Yet now one of their most highly paid players will probably not play for the next few games, then if he does play he is hardly going to work hard.. Whilst I can see why they were stopping the deal, it would probably have been better to get the money for him

Edited by mikeyp102

He will be rewarded handsomely in the long run for taking the flak now. By spinning it this way WBA don't look like mugs and QPR don't get in serious shit.

Rubbish. Why invent a conspiracy when none is needed? 

I hate Redknapp as much as anyone but this act is down to Odemwingie being a moron, not Redknapp, QPR or WBA. 

Typical modern day footballer.

That being said... would we be any different? Chance to double your wage and sign a longer contract than what your current employers would offer. 

Lovely to see a footballer **** WBA over

Problem WBA have is they are a small club and will never be able to progress

but he didnt. they **** him over as he wont be getting a bigger salary now and will never get another contract opportunity like that again. Fair play to WBA

Nothing will come of that 'signign him without permission' thingy, as LM would've said something by now. and they've been paid a fee. Not as if he just turned at Albion one day whilst LM were expecting himk to turn up at training, and later found out he was in England.

PO sure is a c*** though.

I'm not sure Lokomotiv really cared either way...

_48897794_banner.jpg

Â