Our team if we go down..

Delphinho123

Given and Ireland will be leaving regardless of what happens due to wages.

Who would take them and pay them what we do? No, we are stuck with them. Our only hope is a MLS-club come in for Ireland.

I don't think Weimmann would hang about. I don't doubt his character one bit but his Villa connection might not be that strong. It wasn't us that brought him into this world as a footballer. I think he is too good for us and he'd be out the door, and good luck to him if he does because I think he's hands down the biggest (or only) highlight of the last 2 seasons.

Benteke will be gone in a heartbeat. I'm not sure he'd be at all committed (especially if Arsenal come knocking, as he already said)

Bent will go regardless of if we stay up cos we've treated him like shit and he doesn't deserve it

I will pack Ireland's bags for him and his moronic Mrs.

N'Zogbia MIGHT stay. He has a fair bit to prove and I don't know who'd take him on.

Given will go even if we stay up.

Guzan would stay I reckon as he's broken into our first team and no PL team would buy him to play him as a No.1. Given he has JUST re-signed, I think he'll stay

Vlaar I think would hang about. He doesn't seem like the type who would up sticks. And he is captain which may influence him.

All of the youth that Lambert brought in besides Benteke will stay.

**** knows what will happen to El Ahmadi. I forget we even have him sometimes.

Something like (if Lambert finally realises we need width)

-------------Guzan-------------

Lowton Vlaar Baker Bennett

-------Sylla----Westwood-----

Albrighton------------N'Zogbia

-----Agbonlahor--Bowery-----

I think that's more than good enough to get us back up

For the most part we already have a Championship squad, conveniently enough.

Bent and Benteke would go, as would N'Zogbia. Vlaar too. Can't see anyone taking Ireland with the wages he's on but we can hope. Same applies to Given. Gabby to Sunderland maybe? Only if the club force him out I think - more likely to stay. There would be some interest in Lowton, Guzan and Wiemann for sure but I'd hope they'd show some loyalty - at least for a season. All three are young enough and each have their own reasons to be grateful to Lambert/the club.

We'd have a good side in the Championship. I worry about the mental effect that the last few years have had on these young players and their self belief, but if Lambert can reignite them we could have a good season next year.

That'd be nice.

Who would take them and pay them what we do? No, we are stuck with them. Our only hope is a MLS-club come in for Ireland.

We have to release them for free pretty much. Someone will pay Ireland and Given 50k plus if they dont have to pay a fee.

I think that is what happened with Warnock, probably only on 25k now but as they got him for free he might have got a nice signing on bonus instead.

I think we would win the championship quite easily. The likes of Given, Ireland and Nzogbia will most likely have to take a pay cut if relegated which would make it easier to shift them. I think we would still have a decent bargaining position for Benteke and with a few more Lambert signings we would be ok, and only Vlaar and Bent would be certain to leave. I still have hope that we will stay up but it almost involves relying on Sylla being brilliant and not getting injured, which is probably not that likely.

So you think we will win promotion with a depleated team.We could not beat Bradford over 2 legs and we only just beat Ipswich and lost to Millwall. And these results are with the team we have now.What makes you think that with a weaker team ( we would lose a few in the summer ) we could do any better, dont forget to go up we will have to beat Cardiff Wolves as well as the 2 other teams that go down with us.

Hopefully we can keep hold of a good spine in Guzan, Vlaar, Westwood and Weimann. I don't expect us to be able to keep hold of Benteke but if we can get £15m+ and add that to all the other player sales (e.g. Bent) then we might have a bit of money to reinforce and come straight back up. All big ifs though, and if Lambert's still around then I won't be holding out much hope of us coming back up anytime soon.

Not including new signings which I anticipate we'd make, I see us being able to put out a team something like:

GK: Guzan

DF: Lowton, Vlaar, Clark/Baker, Bennett/Lichaj

MD: Sylla, Westwood, Delph/KEA/G Gardner

AT: Dawkins, Weimann, Gabby

Benteke, Bent and N'Zogbia would go, we'd be freezing Ireland out in a desperate bid to sell him, probably the same with Given. Dunne would obviously go as his contract expires.

There is a chance Vlaar could go, but I don't see there being much Premier league interest in him given the fact he's been injured a fair bit and the games teams have seen him play in to judge him have involved us leaking lots of goals.

I think Gabby and Weimann would give it a season to see if we went straight back up.

Edited by AvfcTheObsession

So you think we will win promotion with a depleated team.We could not beat Bradford over 2 legs and we only just beat Ipswich and lost to Millwall. And these results are with the team we have now.What makes you think that with a weaker team ( we would lose a few in the summer ) we could do any better, dont forget to go up we will have to beat Cardiff Wolves as well as the 2 other teams that go down with us.

I said with a few more Lambert signings. I would also say that mentally we were at an absolute low these past few weeks which exaggerated those results slightly and across a whole season we would be ok

I don't know why Vlaar would want to play in the Championship when he would be getting offers from the Netherlands though.

Would still be getting paid more on his Championship contract with us than with a big Dutch team like Feyenoord?

Would put him as another one in the bracket of 'give it a season, see if we bounce straight back'.

Yeah maybe. He was captain of Feyenoord and challenging for the league title and european places. To go from that to playing Millwall and Huddersfield on a Thursday night would be a bit of a knock to the pride though. I recon he'd be onto his agent quick smart.

Yeah maybe. He was captain of Feyenoord and challenging for the league title and european places. To go from that to playing Millwall and Huddersfield on a Thursday night would be a bit of a knock to the pride though. I recon he'd be onto his agent quick smart.

Difficult one. If he leaves us and goes back to Holland and we get straight back up to the PL, I'm sure he'd want to come back, but he'd have burnt his bridges and I doubt any other PL club would give him a go.

Vlaar might stay, he seems to have that kind of character, hopefully Lambert's other buys with exception of Benteke will stay due feeling gratitude for him giving the chance in big club, and hopefully Weimann will stay due being in Villa for years. Benteke, Bent and N'Zog (if he plays well) will be out before end of the june. It'll be pure miracle if we get to keep Benteke.

It'd be very hard to find takers for Ireland, Given, Hutton and Makoun unless two latter ones gets permanent transfers in the end of the season.

IF we can keep all our best players sans Benteke, Bent and N'Zog we will have a very good chance of winning championship next season.

i cant believe people on here are resigned to championship football already, im honestly shocked... is that what aston villa football club deserve ?? is that the ambition of the fans just settling for that standard of football ?? i know everyone's just trying to make a good situation out of a bad one but please come on is that what we all deserve ?? this transfer window was a massive chance for the board to come out and say " villa fans, we have a plan to reduce costs etc etc but we are not about to jeopardize the history of our fantastic club by getting relegated, we will be doing all we can to freshen up the squad with a few quality players to try and galvanize the whole club ready for the battle that lies ahead ".. instead what do we get ?? 2 cheap as chips players nobody has heard of.. thats the thanks we get for sticking by our club..thanks randy.. all the hype you surrounded the club with when you took over and now this..

Getting rid of Given, Ireland and Bent will be key I feel. I don't know the figures for exact but I would think those 3 are on a combined 175k a week at least. With Dunne already going, Warnock out and Hutton probably going as well that will be a huge chunk off the wage bill.

Â