Simon Dawkins

Kwan

------------Guzan-------------

Lowton Vlaar Baker Pikeylookingtwiglet

-------Sylla-----Westwood-----

N'Zogbia----------------Dawkins

---------Benteke Bent-----------

That to me doesn't look totally shit

I've calmed down a bit from last night, accepted our fate and am now cautiously optimistic about Dawkins.

Good lad!

He seems a little like a poor mans Ashley Young. Would that be fair from those that have seen him play? So yeah, N'Zogbia I guess. If he's as good for us an N'Zogbia is right now we're laughing really. Fingers crossed. Manager seems to like him and I maintain that Lambert and his team can spot a player.

I'm still intrigued as to why Spurs have kept him on as long as they have, even re-signing him after letting him walk. He's suffered big time from injuries, the last two years are the only time he's been injury free. It's also rumoured Villas-Boas likes him, but I can't find quotes.

There's a chance, a slim one, that we've unearthed a gem. He clearly has talent.

Our current plight and our more pressing needs should be irrelevant when talking about a particular individual. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.

I'm still intrigued as to why Spurs have kept him on as long as they have, even re-signing him after letting him walk. He's suffered big time from injuries, the last two years are the only time he's been injury free. It's also rumoured Villas-Boas likes him, but I can't find quotes.

His contract at spurs runs out in the summer.

Doesn't look like they rate him at all.

Good lad!

He seems a little like a poor mans Ashley Young. Would that be fair from those that have seen him play? So yeah, N'Zogbia I guess. If he's as good for us an N'Zogbia is right now we're laughing really. Fingers crossed. Manager seems to like him and I maintain that Lambert and his team can spot a player.

There's a chance, a slim one, that we've unearthed a gem. He clearly has talent.

Our current plight and our more pressing needs should be irrelevant when talking about a particular individual. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.

For me he's a blank slate, I don't take much from his exploits in the MLS because it is amongst the worst 'top flight' leagues in the world. However the optimism in me means that I'm always, well, optimistic about new players lol. So we will see, hopefully he can offer us the creative edge Lambert says he has. He will also have that surprise element because no one knows who he is and what he's capable of.

Simon Dawkins, sounds like someone you went to school with

To be fair I'd heard last week we were sniffing about him but decided not to post it

Is that the same info about Palacios coming on loan? Wasn't that just a lie of twitter reposted to look like you had information?

------------Guzan-------------

Lowton Vlaar Baker Pikeylookingtwiglet

-------Sylla-----Westwood-----

N'Zogbia----------------Dawkins

---------Benteke Bent-----------

That to me doesn't look totally shit

Replace Dawkins with Gabby and find someone decent for left back and it would look better.

I think it shows how desperate we are for Dawkins and Sylla to hit the ground running the way the majority are putting these two into their preferred XI.

The positive I'm taking is that if the new signings show promise we may have a decent team next season in the Championship.

I really can't see Spurs taking Dawkins back unless he really pulls up trees.

Edited by AvfcTheObsession

His contract is up at the end of this loan and they haven't offered him a new one. They can't take him back.

That clears that one up then, I'd seen one or two posters likening Dawkins to the Kyle Walker situation, clearly very different.

Let's hope he impresses as he's a player I think we can keep hold of whatever division we end up in next season.

Edited by AvfcTheObsession

His contract at spurs runs out in the summer.

Doesn't look like they rate him at all.

Someone's contract running out in the summer means they don't rate him? Plenty of contracts run out. They rated him enough to have him on their books for the past 9 years. That's a long time to hold on to someone you don't rate. I don't know if he'll be any good here. Let's find out. Maybe the fact his contract is up in the summer means he'll absolutely bust a gut to get a contract here and help to keep us up in the process. I don't know. But what I do know is that there's no particular shame in having a contract run out after nearly a decade signed to the one club, whether loaned in the meantime or not.

Â