Simon Dawkins

Kwan

Ok. I know he's not a marquee name, but as far as I see it (and I may be wrong as I'm only going on what I have been told)...

Dawkins can play out wide. Albrighton can play out wide (not that well at the moment). This means we have 2 wide men. This means we can have a plan b when our usual long ball down the middle doesn't work. It means that when we bring on Darren Bent, we can actually play a style of football that suits him, as we have wide players who can cross the ball (Albrighton maybe 1in 5 good crosses)...

But hey, I'm just being positive about. Welcome to Villa Simon, I hope you prove the doubters wrong!

This could be quite good business from Lambert.

I've been screaming at getting a winger in and this is our lad - seems to score a fair few goals for a winger too which is quite a nice stat (albeit MLS).

It may also get us playing 442 more instead of the horrible 532 formation. If he gets balls into the box then we may see more of Mr Bent.

_________________Guzan________________

Lowton____Vlaar____________Clark___Baker

N'Zogbia__Westwood_____Sylla_____Dawkins

______Benteke____________Bent__________

I've read a couple people say he's out of contract with Spurs at the end of the season, is this true/does anyone have a source?  If it is, then some consolation will be if he does turn out to be useful enough to have around we shouldn't have to fork out any money or see Spurs simply re-integrating him into their squad a better player (à la Kyle Walker).

I've no problem with us signing someone who can play wide.

We have the best header of a ball in the Premier League and two extremely proficient poachers yet we very very rarely get crosses into the box from decent positions.

Never understand why Holman isn't tried on left wing seeing as that was where he played for his previous club.

Anyway all the best Simon... if you keep us up then Messi will be asking you for tips...

Edited by villaglint

Ok. I know he's not a marquee name, but as far as I see it (and I may be wrong as I'm only going on what I have been told)...

Dawkins can play out wide. Albrighton can play out wide (not that well at the moment). This means we have 2 wide men. This means we can have a plan b when our usual long ball down the middle doesn't work. It means that when we bring on Darren Bent, we can actually play a style of football that suits him, as we have wide players who can cross the ball (Albrighton maybe 1in 5 good crosses)...

But hey, I'm just being positive about. Welcome to Villa Simon, I hope you prove the doubters wrong!

N'Zogbia can also play wide, and potentially a lot better. This is what's important about this signing I think, it does give us the option to go to a different system. Maybe this will herald the end of 5-3-2, and isn't possible Lambert saw this as the only way to give us width with our lack of wide players in midfield?

14 goals in two seasons in the MLS as a striker. Also got released by tottenham but they decided to take him back. Also has went on trial with the likes of bournemouth... I dont see the point of paying his wages tbh as i think he'll be the 6th choice striker.

If he's a wingman then fair enough anybody is better than nobody.

But reading his wikipedia... just looks awful.

Edit: In fact not sure about 6th or 5th choice maybe him and Bowery will battle it out for a bench warming spot -__-

Edited by kevangrealish

N'Zogbia can also play wide, and potentially a lot better. This is what's important about this signing I think, it does give us the option to go to a different system. Maybe this will herald the end of 5-3-2, and isn't possible Lambert saw this as the only way to give us width with our lack of wide players in midfield?

I don't see Zoggy a wide player, he always cuts inside. Last season you could have built a moderately sized housing estate in the casm of open space left in front of our fullback, the area between the oppositions wide man and fullback...Charlie was always drifting into the middle...this made Barry Bannan sad as he had nobody to float his cross field Hollywood ball to...he wasn't to be deterred though, Barry played the pass anyway...

On the subject of Charlie though, he doesn't half look sharp at the moment!

This is the vid I watched before we signed him 

Has anyone ever been to an MLS game some of those crowd shots of San Jose look quite lairy.

Shirts off, beers in hand, sunshine out, surging forward when they hit the goalsack.

looks like a right laugh!

Â