Simon Dawkins

Kwan

he looks pretty nifty. Hopefully he can take set pieces if anything. Massive problem there.

regardless whether we need defenders.. weve brought him in.. lets hope hes good

Minus Collins, Cuellar, Dunne and Petrov.

Plus Benteke, Westwood, Vlaar and Lowton. I'm not saying he's done a good job of managing them, nowhere **** near. But his signings have been ok in general.

You can ignore Collins and Cuellar, he sold them, he knew what he was doing - they'd be better than the shower of shit he signed, mind you. He knew damn well Petrov wouldn't be playing as well. Dunne, I'll give you.

You've missed off Bennett, Bowery, Holman and El-Ahmadi.

The only signing I'd say has been good is Benteke, arguably Westwood and Cardboard Ron. 3 out of 8 isn't so bad huh?

You can ignore Collins and Cuellar, he sold them, he knew what he was doing - they'd be better than the shower of shit he signed, mind you. He knew damn well Petrov wouldn't be playing as well. Dunne, I'll give you.

The only signing I'd say has been good is Benteke, arguably Westwood and Cardboard Ron. 3 out of 8 isn't so bad huh?

Cuellar's contract expired and he wanted to leave, 'knowing' Petrov wouldn't be playing doesn't mean it is his fault he can't play and he didn't sign Holman

Cuellar left before he came in. Regardless, you've completely missed my point. His remit has been to bring wages down. You said he has done worse than McLeish with the same squad, only it isn't the same.

He didn't sign Holman either.

No, I don't accept that Brighton could pay more of his wages than us. Sorry.

Ok.

I've only seen about 3 or 4 SJ games that he's played in so take that with a grain of salt, but here's what I've seen from him in those few games.

The best comparison is a right footed Charles N'Zogbia.

He's not your typical winger that's going to get down the line and put a cross in. He likes cutting in and attacking the goal and he's not afraid to try and dribble past players. Yes, he's technically gifted and definitely likes a kick from distance, but you'll see a lot of the same running down blind alleys like you do with CNZ. He's also taller than he looks, he's not your prototypical tiny winger and can definitely take it down the middle and shrug off attempted tackles.

There could be some potential if you put him on the left (his preferred position) and N'Zogbia on the right and have both of them cutting in with fullbacks overlapping.

There's promise there and he certainly doesn't lack technique even though he's in the MLS, but there will undoubtedly be some CNZ style frustrations as well.

Edited by Kwan
  • Like 2

Cuellar left before he came in. Regardless, you've completely missed my point. His remit has been to bring wages down. You said he has done worse than McLeish with the same squad, only it isn't the same.

He didn't sign Holman either.

Ok.

Holman signed the day before Lambert was officially unveiled as our manager. You'd think our club would run the signing past our soon-to-be-announced-manager, but frankly, I think the only people at VP more incompetent than Lambert are Lerner and his sock-puppet Faulkner, so you might be right.

Holman signed the day before Lambert was officially unveiled as our manager. You'd think our club would run the signing past our soon-to-be-announced-manager, but frankly, I think the only people at VP more incompetent than Lambert are Lerner and his sock-puppet Faulkner, so you might be right.

Holman signed a pre contract agreement in January. Legally binding one.

I don't think it's unfair at all. This club is going down and the best it can muster is a player from the French second tier and someone who has pretty much exclusively played in the MLS. Simply not good enough.

Unfair to say it's a shambles by all concerned.  If I were Lambert, working with what we hear to be the limits he's working within, I might well think I'd done a reasonable set of deals, all things considered.

It might be a million miles away from what we'd like, and it might not be enough to keep us up, but I think it's unfair to blame him for having to work within the constraints of the owner trying to roll back  his previous ill-considered policy.

looks good on vid but then so did KEA. seems to be the foil for CNZ doing the same on teh opposite wing - wing being the operative word here. still having nightmares about 5 centre forwards v bradford and not one of them told to hug the touchline. possbily the worst management ive ever seen on a football pitch

Don't worry, it wasn't worth reading.  Three banal paras of tedious spite, and boring with it.

But if you want to make up your own mind on this challenge to the crown of Jane Austen, try this: http://www.cartilagefreecaptain.com/2013/1/31/3938602/simon-dawkins-loan-aston-villa-tottenham-earthquakes

Oh thanks, very kind of you

Â