Simon Dawkins

Kwan

Thanks for the input.

I've actually yet to hear anything bad about him from anyone that has seen him play. Looks good in the obligatory YouTube clip.

Interesting that Spurs have kept him on for so long considering his injuries.

Yeah, I'm actually excited to see how he does for us. Certainly a technically gifted player so if he plays on the wing for example, you won't see him just trying to knock the ball past people in running to it ala Albrighton. 

I'd suggest he didn't look hard enough. One of our supposed targets went to Italy. But anyway, I tend to agree that Lambert has had it tough (despite being tactically clueless and a shit motivator) when it comes to the purse strings.

However I basically expect this **** club to address our problems in a way that keeps us in this league, not sit there and do essentially **** all by signing two players from absolute piss poor standard leagues.

One if our targets went to Napoli yes. 2nd in Serie A.

I expect the club to yes. I was talking about your hit on the manager.

Like most on here, the only thing I know about Simon Dawkins is the videos.

It is probably a very cheap gamble, he looks like there is talent there, maybe he just hasn't shown it consistently up to now. Give him a chance and lets see what he can offer.

Maybe a season in the MLS has done wonders for his confidence and work ethic, one thing a lot of US players will do is put in a shift, and get a very good level of fitness.

Confidence and self belief can transform the performance of a player.

We need a centre half more?

And if we were chasing this deal and one for a centre half, and the other fell through, should we turn this one down because it's not the one we would prefer to have signed first?  Wouldn't that be a bit, well, silly?

Or should we conclude that having signed two players in deals we knew nothing about, the fact that we failed to sign someone in another position must mean we never tried?

• Like 2

One if our targets went to Napoli yes. 2nd in Serie A.

I expect the club to yes. I was talking about your hit on the manager.

I don't think he has used his resources optimally, but that isn't my main gripe about the manager (his tactics are), but all that is behind my issues with the owner.

And if we were chasing this deal and one for a centre half, and the other fell through, should we turn this one down because it's not the one we would prefer to have signed first?  Wouldn't that be a bit, well, silly?

Or should we conclude that having signed two players in deals we knew nothing about, the fact that we failed to sign someone in another position must mean we never tried?

The only conclusion I can draw is that our efforts this window have been a shambles by all involved.

scared of the everton match, yet excited to see if any of these can add anything to the club. Got a much better feeling about sylla for some reason. Would be massive if they could really lift this team but I doubt that will ever happen. Shame, we needed somone in the back and we didn`t get that. 

I don't think he has used his resources optimally, but that isn't my main gripe about the manager (his tactics are), but all that is behind my issues with the owner.

Resources? £1.75m and, at a guess, £20k a week in wages?

Explain how you can optimise that? You'd struggle to find a bargain on football manager for that.

• Like 1

Explain how you can optimise that? You'd struggle to find a bargain on football manager for that.

That and the 20-25m that he pissed up the wall in the summer.

Say what you like about Lerner's investment, but Lambert has had a good amount of cash to spend on the squad that McLeish kept up, but done a worse job, our manager is a useless clearing in the woods.

Upson in on loan for starters, he'd of given us some good experience at the back. Some may laugh at that suggestion but it's certainly a better bet than someone who's only real professional football has been in the MLS.

Let's also not forget what he was given in the summer, the money on KEA and Bennett was definitely pissed up the wall, it could have been used better IMO.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Upson in on loan for starters, he'd of given us some good experience at the back. Some may laugh at that suggestion but it's certainly a better bet than someone who's only real professional football has been in the MLS.

Let's also not forget what he was given in the summer, the money on KEA and Bennett was definitely pissed up the wall, it could have been used better IMO.

Considering that every time Upson has come to VP for the better part of a decade, we've chanted that he takes it up the arse, I can't imagine he'd join us.

That and the 20-25m that he pissed up the wall in the summer.

Say what you like about Lerner's investment, but Lambert has had a good amount of cash to spend on the squad that McLeish kept up, but done a worse job, our manager is a useless clearing in the woods.

Minus Collins, Cuellar, Dunne and Petrov.

Plus Benteke, Westwood, Vlaar and Lowton. I'm not saying he's done a good job of managing them, nowhere **** near. But his signings have been ok in general.

The only conclusion I can draw is that our efforts this window have been a shambles by all involved.

No, that's unfair.  Lambert's most pressing need was a muscular DM with a good attitude who was affordable within the (probably over-restrictive) constraints he must work within.  He may have achieved that, and we'll see shortly.

His second priority was another central defender, especially with Dunne being out, and that didn't happen.  We don't know why it didn't happen, but I don't imagine either unawareness or sloth was the reason.

His third priority was to do something about our low goalscoring rate.  Since we are blessed with strikers better than our scoring rate and league position would suggest, it may be a supply issue.  So he was reportedly checking out AMs, and has signed a winger.  I don't see anything self-evidently daft about that.

• Like 4

No other premier league team went for Upson either, I think he had his heart set on Brighton. 

What wages are Brighton contributing towards Upson?

I don't think it's unfair at all. This club is going down and the best it can muster is a player from the French second tier and someone who has pretty much exclusively played in the MLS. Simply not good enough.

What wages are Brighton contributing towards Upson?

So Brighton are paying more than we can afford? Ok then.

I don't think it's unfair at all. This club is going down and the best it can muster is a player from the French second tier and someone who has pretty much exclusively played in the MLS. Simply not good enough.

So Brighton are paying more than we can afford? Ok then.

I don't know. Possibly.

I'm not asking you to be happy with that. Just to accept it may well be the case.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Â