Simon Dawkins

Kwan

Good luck to you lad. For our sake I hope you do will in the brief time you are here with what little time remains of our premiership status. You can say you once played for a premier league club, just as we can all say we once supported one

The problem I have with Dawkins and Sylla are.... why didn't we get these two in the summer?

Cheap and let's be honest, I doubt many others wanted them. Lambert have probably known about them for a while, and that leaves me with another question; are these two the BEST two players he managed to get?

Tell me all about Dawkins then, I've not seen him play but you clearly have. And Sylla.

He spent £1.75m. You think that was through choice? We needed a DM, badly, with that pittance and **** all wages to offer, give me some other options. Name me a CB we could have even loaned in when we clearly have NOTHING to contribute towards wages.

I have many issues with Lambert as a manager, this is not one of them. At least he's thinking outside the box.

Welcome to the club Simon.

• Like 1

Tell me all about Dawkins then, I've not seen him play but you clearly have. And Sylla.

He spent £1.75m. You think that was through choice? We needed a DM, badly, with that pittance and **** all wages to offer, give me some other options. Name me a CB we could have even loaned in when we clearly have NOTHING to contribute towards wages.

I have many issues with Lambert as a manager, this is not one of them. At least he's thinking outside the box.

Welcome to the club Simon.

I sort of agree with you. Although 'the box' is a very generous way to describe a small patch of **** all

I sort of agree with you. Although 'the box' is a very generous way to describe a small patch of **** all

Indeed.

I expected nobody. We signed a couple of players today. One of which in a position we were desperate in.

He's done the best he can with the funds he was given. Whether he's had a 'good' window with what he had remains to be seen.

• Like 1

I watch a fair bit of MLS, although not as much of San Jose, but from what I have seen from him in the past, he is a very tidy player. What his signing tells me as well is that Lambert might be recognizing we need more width and will hopefully persist with 4-4-2. 

I watch a fair bit of MLS, although not as much of San Jose, but from what I have seen from him in the past, he is a very tidy player. What his signing tells me as well is that Lambert might be recognizing we need more width and will hopefully persist with 4-4-2.

Thanks for the input.

I've actually yet to hear anything bad about him from anyone that has seen him play. Looks good in the obligatory YouTube clip.

Interesting that Spurs have kept him on for so long considering his injuries.

you know what im have been tht pissed off and depressed about villa it will be nice to just see some fresh faces have a go no matter how good or what position they play i say welcome him bring maybe a bit of flair might get some more use out of bent.

No problems with this signing, if he's good great, if he isn't there's no obligation to play him (see Bennett). And he is a free agent come the summer so it is sort of like a loan with an option to buy. yeah he isn't a CB, but he is an addition to the squad (we don't create many goals outside of Weimann/Benteke) and if he can do a job for us then great.

Money?

If he couldn't find a center half better than say Clark with absolutely **** all money to spend, what did you expect him to do? Pay them out of his own pocket?

I'd suggest he didn't look hard enough. One of our supposed targets went to Italy. But anyway, I tend to agree that Lambert has had it tough (despite being tactically clueless and a shit motivator) when it comes to the purse strings.

However I basically expect this **** club to address our problems in a way that keeps us in this league, not sit there and do essentially **** all by signing two players from absolute piss poor standard leagues.

Â