Simon Dawkins

Kwan

Still think Bradley would've been a fantastic asset to have at the club right now

Dropped the ball bigtime there I feel

I thought he was the best player in the usa team, maybe with the exception of Donovan, but didn't look the part when he came to Villa

Nobody did under mcleish though

He'd left by then... He played under hou/Gary mc

Played is the wrong word. He was never given a real chance with the club even though there were reports that he was doing very well in training. Frankly I think Houllier was scared to change the line-up because we were flirting with relegation. Once we were safe, Bradley got one chance and he actually did well. 

Totally agree, Sylla has featured quite a bit, but Dawkins I don't even think has been on the bench...so you have to question why we offered to take him on loan (unless his wages were free)

He looked ok to me, better than Bannan by a huge amount, although perhaps Lambert didn't expect Westwood, Sylla and Delph to play as they have since January.

At Lambert has had a really decent look at him in training so if he thinks he good enough, we'll take him on a free.

I'd hoped it would allow us to us a different shape and bring DB9 in with wide players as a plan B...but again, with Benteke destroying all in his path, you don't really need a plan B!

I go to the Jacket potato cart in Lichfield whenever I can and I know the owner. We got talking about Villa and apparently Dawkins goes there after training every Friday, buys sweets from the sweet shop opposite it and gets a jacket potato :P

I go to the Jacket potato cart in Lichfield whenever I can and I know the owner. We got talking about Villa and apparently Dawkins goes there after training every Friday, buys sweets from the sweet shop opposite it and gets a jacket potato :P

No wonder he can't get in the side on a diet of sweeties and potatoes??? By the way what's his favorite filling in his spud?

maybe a long shot but he could be that he out of contract that Lambert is hiding him until next season and we will nab him on a free as nobody will have seen him.

as said could be a long shot :P

whenever i have seen him i just haven't rated him, my personal opinion is that he was brought in to be back-up for Agbonlahor/Weimann in case either of them nose-dived in form or got injured/needed resting. luckily that didn't happen and he found his way to the reserves. I hope the lad finds somewhere to play regularly but i'd rather it wasn't here, is most certainly not a step-up from the options we have

True Stevo.  I wouldn't rule out us signing him, just because he's hardly kicked a ball for us doesn't mean that Lambert doesn't rate him for the long-term.  None of us know how he's done in training or what Lambert's plans are.

maybe a long shot but he could be that he out of contract that Lambert is hiding him until next season and we will nab him on a free as nobody will have seen him.

I know someone who has played alongside him at a professional level (not when they were kids) and rates him really highly so you never know.

Good point. I would like it if the club engaged a bit more in this type of behavior. We've lacked shrewdness like this throughout the Lerner era.

More realistically though I think after January/February Lambert found a formation and starting line up that pretty much worked so was reluctant to change it. Sylla was the only player that has forced his way into the side since then. Pre-season should be fun because I think the likes of Albrighton, Dawkins etc could feature if Lambert trys to change things around a bit.

Simon 'Dawdling' Dawkins. Out of contract with Spurs in the summer? They won't renew, and we won't sign him. Not impressed at all when he came on yesterday.

Â