Simon Dawkins

Kwan

The two most absolutely massive matches of the season coming up and Lambert is faced with a choice of putting on a little-tried player who has only had a few minutes game time and (according to this thread) has at best looked "neat".

Hmmm.

I'm pretty sure he's gone into a wide position when ever he's come on. Or maybe played in the attacking position Nzogbia has played in.

I don't think he's played in the position we play Delph in and I don't think he's that sort of player.

I'm pretty sure he's gone into a wide position when ever he's come on. Or maybe played in the attacking position Nzogbia has played in.

I don't think he's played in the position we play Delph in and I don't think he's that sort of player.

Agreed, playing him in delphs position would mean that we would have one out and out midfielder on the pitch (Westwood)

It does not really matter where he plays.The problem for me is that he should not be in the squad at all.I have nothing against him, its just that I feel we need more experienced players on the park given the position we are in.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/03/07/3806558/-?

Aston Villa loanee Simon Dawkins is keen to extend his stay at Villa Park and repay the faith shown in him by helping the club avoid relegation.

The 25-year-old came through the youth ranks at Tottenham before loan spells at Leyton Orient and, most recently, MLS side San Jose Earthquakes before Paul Lambert recruited him until the end of the season.

And Dawkins, who has never featured in the Spurs first team, hopes to continue his stay in the Premier League after making four appearancesicon1.png for the Villans in their battle to avoid the drop.

"I hope I can have an impact here with Aston Villa," he told the club's official website.

"I'm still learning but I'd like to make as much impact as possible. I would definitely like to stay here beyond the end of the season.

"Villa have given me this opportunity. They came calling and wanted to sign me and they have given me my chance in the Premier League. Now I want to show my loyalty and give everything I can."

Lambert's side currently sit 18th in the Premier League, with Wigan's superior goalicon1.png difference keeping them in the bottom three, and, with a trip to 19th-placed Reading to come on Saturday, Dawkins is keen to show his worth to his team-mates.

He added: "The most important thing is to help the teamicon1.png avoid relegation because this team doesn't belong anywhere but the Premier League.

"Whatever I can do to help will be good and that's what I'm striving towards. This is a big club with big players and we shouldn't be where we are. We have to stick together to get out of it."

tumblr_lm0enmVVMj1qdlkgg.gif

To be fair, even if his resume is quite weak, I have nothing against him if he is up for the task. Best scenario is we have a player that can stay with us for a couple of seasons. The problem being if he is good enough, so far I have really nothing to say. I have seen so little, he seems like he has some pace and might be a decent dribbler(?). 

But yeah, its no big signing but I wanna see more before I say anything.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/03/07/3806558/-?

Aston Villa loanee Simon Dawkins is keen to extend his stay at Villa Park and repay the faith shown in him by helping the club avoid relegation.

The 25-year-old came through the youth ranks at Tottenham before loan spells at Leyton Orient and, most recently, MLS side San Jose Earthquakes before Paul Lambert recruited him until the end of the season.

And Dawkins, who has never featured in the Spurs first team, hopes to continue his stay in the Premier League after making four appearancesicon1.png for the Villans in their battle to avoid the drop.

"I hope I can have an impact here with Aston Villa," he told the club's official website.

"I'm still learning but I'd like to make as much impact as possible. I would definitely like to stay here beyond the end of the season.

"Villa have given me this opportunity. They came calling and wanted to sign me and they have given me my chance in the Premier League. Now I want to show my loyalty and give everything I can."

Lambert's side currently sit 18th in the Premier League, with Wigan's superior goalicon1.png difference keeping them in the bottom three, and, with a trip to 19th-placed Reading to come on Saturday, Dawkins is keen to show his worth to his team-mates.

He added: "The most important thing is to help the teamicon1.png avoid relegation because this team doesn't belong anywhere but the Premier League.

"Whatever I can do to help will be good and that's what I'm striving towards. This is a big club with big players and we shouldn't be where we are. We have to stick together to get out of it."

tumblr_lm0enmVVMj1qdlkgg.gif

a man with no ambition :P 

• 1 month later...

Probably have to send him back given that we've seen roughly 20 minutes of him. Don't think he would start over Gabby or Andy in the wide roles (and apparently Bowery too) and I can only really see us putting him on if we're chasing a game and someone's been ineffective. Shame as he's scored some pretty goals in the MLS, but probably just haven't seen enough of him to move on with him. Then again, maybe they like him enough in training to keep him.

Â