Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

he's french, 6 foot whatever and he's centre midfield so he's the new patrick viera.

Well it doesn't always work out like that. Batty, Keane and Mascherano  are/were great DM.

He's french 2nd div for a reason.

We need proven prem experience.

But time machines would play havoc with the concept of a transfer "window". You can see the bind we're in.

From Three in  One: 

Picture-55.jpg

Currently sat in 15th place in the French Ligue 2 are Clermont Foot. Within this seemingly mundane football club is a player whose stock is on the rise! Yacouba Sylla (22) is a defensive midfielder who has alerted scouts across the footballing world by forcing his way into the starting XI at Clermont, and earning an international Under 21 cap for France.

Two London clubs, Fulham and QPR, are vying for the signature of the rising French star, however they also face competition from Udinese and Stuttgart, writes the Daily Mail.

As we move closer to the January transfer window, scouts will be working overtime to try and find players that offer the best value and act as a catalyst for change in the second half of the season. With Sylla’s £1.5 million asking price, Harry Redknapp’s QPR are wealthy enough to fritter their money on a player like Sylla, who has no experience in a Premiership division in any country.

With an array of clubs looking at Sylla, he seems to be a promising talent after only making his way into fully professional football last season for the French side.

If this deal were to go through he could be a valuable squad player for either of the clubs from the capital who could both use some defensive cover from midfield. However, he also has the potential to disappoint considering his lack of experience in top flight football. Only time will tell if Sylla turns out to be a diamond in the rough or a nugget of fools gold."

Clermont Auvergne are a decent French Rugby side, not sure I know anything abouth the football team. It's probably a lot like Wigan where the Rugby team is bigger than the football team.

I doubt he could be worse than Bannan, there I am thinking of a strapping 6ft DCM, and then I remember Isiah Osbourne. Please be better than Isiah!

Thinking about it, I reckon Hogg would be doing a job for us in the middle now.

Â