Paul Lambert

Pilchard

What words will I eat? - 'That Bent/Ireland havent performed for Villa consistently at all'? No I won't. They havent. Darren Bent can score goals for fun somewhere else for all I care. He offers nothing to this club anymore and very rarely has. He will also offer nothing to his next team in games where he doesnt score and that will be far too often for me to give a shit.

Stephen ireland is one of the biggest disgraces ever to pull on a Villa shirt. He has never performed. At 27, we shouldnt need an experienced head in the middle of the park. It should be him guiding the younger players and earning at least 10% of his ridiculous wage. I also wont give a shit if he goes on to win titles with Barcelona (which he wont), because he will never ever try his best here.

Spot on, Ireland is a disgrace.

Bent is a goal scorer but only if provided with the right type of service. He will never be a 'Team' player and work hard and make chances for others so at the moment he does not fit into our make up (whatever that is!). Ireland undoubtedly has talent but his mind is not right and never will be. He never wanted to come to VP and has shown little evidence that he wants to stay. He is a 'Big Time Charlie' who likes his cars, women and smoking weird stuff and he is pretty much a toned down modern day version of George Best (without his talent). None of them will be missed because they offer us very little.

I dont think McLeish was ever capable of getting the best out of these players with his tactics and man managment. But dont we think Lambert should be. I still think he has no idea how to play Bent into the game. Wingers man wingers try it!!!!

What words will I eat? - 'That Bent/Ireland havent performed for Villa consistently at all'? No I won't. They havent. Darren Bent can score goals for fun somewhere else for all I care. He offers nothing to this club anymore and very rarely has. He will also offer nothing to his next team in games where he doesnt score and that will be far too often for me to give a shit.

Stephen ireland is one of the biggest disgraces ever to pull on a Villa shirt. He has never performed. At 27, we shouldnt need an experienced head in the middle of the park. It should be him guiding the younger players and earning at least 10% of his ridiculous wage. I also wont give a shit if he goes on to win titles with Barcelona (which he wont), because he will never ever try his best here.

Agree, sooner Ireland leaves the better, one good season at City, never done it for us.

Bent is a good player, but he doesnt get the service here, so can become a passenger, would like to see Lambert give him another go in the team though with Benteke. If he moves on, we'll get good money, and we'll just have to dream what he could have done with O'Neill's team with the likes of Milner, Young, Barry, Downing etc.

Because Bent is a luxury player for us at the moment. Because we can't afford to play a pure poacher. Because we need someone who can work back for us like Weimann. Because when Bent has had a chance he's hardly grabbed it with both hands.

Yeah because Lambert has built such a piss weak midfield, and made us such a shambles at the back, that we can't afford to use a goalscorer like Bent because it's all hands on pump where everyone has to "work hard for the team". Not like that's done us any good after we break every shit record one after the other and lose against, not only the worst Premier League teams, but Championship and Division four teams as well.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 1

If anyone believes that Lambert does not deserve any criticism for the mess that has been this season then I can only assume that rather than being an inept manager he must be an inept person because to take on the job of Villa manager without understanding the shit that needs fixing smacks off someone who sleep walked straight into the post.

Luckily I have been self employed for 10 years but a job interview is not just for the employer to suss out the candidate it is also for the candidate to suss out the job. If Lambert failed to suss out the job then he is a bigger prick than I thought he was.

Also, how did Norwich City manage to finish 12th last season if Lambert didn't have a clue about tactics or motivation? Was that a fluke? Was his two back-to-back promotions a fluke?

There have been plenty of managers who have done well over a short period and gone on to be shit.

Mcleish won a trophy with birmingham and got them a top 10 finish one year and i think he's **** shit.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, to suggest Lambert is any different to any of the managers that have been listed.

John, I understand a lot of your points but when will you accept Villa have a host of lazy players happy to pick up big wages without giving anything in return

Like who? Bent and ireland are two that get this label, actually nzogbia also had it until a few weeks ago. If you think our only issue is that we have lazy players then i doubt you actually watch us that much. We are unorganised, lack any creative ideas going forward, are probably the most shambolic defensive unit in the league, can't defend set pieces and lack confidence and any sort of mental strength. When is the manager going to be held responsible for these things?

You can't put it all on existing players because vlaar, lowton and bennett have done nothing to improve us in defence and KEA and westwood have done very little to improve us in midfield. Again are you going to blame the players for this or the manager who signed players who aren't currently good enough or ready to play week in week out in the premier league?

If Lambert is so good as some are making out then why does Randy refuse to build the squad? Surely if Lambert is that good, then investment is a no brainer because the rewards would be virtually guaranteed?

Or is it that Lerner for all his faults realises that Lambert is actually a pretty poor manager who has not delivered and does not look as though he will?

It's the basics that he's getting wrong that have made me question Lambert. He seemed alright just before Christmas despite the poor league position but since that hammering at Chelsea it's as if he just doesn't no how to cope with it. We've been rudderless ever since then.

Edited by Mantis

Lets look at it another way. If three outstanding years at Norwich City isn't proof that he isn't a good manager then how come six months at a club that was already a complete mess before he joined can make him a dud? Maybe that's a more logical way of looking at it although maybe logic isn't something you are looking to apply to your thoughts?

There have been countless managers who have had a few seasons of relative success but who then got found out for being shit. Doing it in the lower leagues and then riding a crest of a wave into the Premier League has been done before by managers who have now disappeared/found their level in the lower leagues.

If he's such an amazing manger, how come he's doing worse than the useless twunt who managed us before him!?

• Like 1

It's the basics that he's getting wrong that have made me question Lambert. He seemed alright just before Christmas despite the poor league position but since that hammering at Chelsea it's as if he just doesn't no how to cope with it. We've been rudderless ever since then.

I don't think he knows how to cope when the pressure is on.

Top managers get the best out of players throught man management, motivation and tactics.

Lambert seems to really struggle with this.

Completely agree with this. I have always been of the opinion players are by far the most important element of potential league position, but a manager has the ability to push the players to the edge of their potential.

To put it rather simply, a given set of players has a range of potential finishing positions. A good manager pushes the players to the top of that range, while a poor manager pushes the squad to the bottom of the range.

I think this squad has a range of about 14-20. Under that supposition, Lambert is doing a average to poor job. That being said, I think it would take a very good managerial performance to even get this set of players a lower mid-table finish.

Top managers get the best out of players throught man management, motivation and tactics.

Lambert seems to really struggle with this.

I dont believe it! I actually agree with BJ10!

Expecting a cold day in hell soon. ;)

If Lambert is so good as some are making out then why does Randy refuse to build the squad?

LOLWUT

Have you been taking any notice of what's happening at Villa this season.

He gave him £23mill to "build a squad" rather than buy a couple of high wagers.

Those days are over.