Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Agbonlahor and Delph both deserve to start the next game

Please Lambert don't bring Bannan back into the side at the expense of Delph and Bent at the expense of Agbonlahor

What do you guys think about Given though deserves to keep his place or Guzan back in?

why would you write it off and not include it though? we've played 6 under lambert in total, with 2 wins, a draw and 3 defeats. that's going to be a good approximation of our overall season, regardless of what competitions those games come in

Beating a league 1 side doesn't prove anything. It doesn't prove we could beat better teams in cups or beat premiership teams. It's a game we needed to win and we did, which is good, but that game gives little indication to how our season may pan out.

You may have a point.

Does beating the Champions, away, after going behind prove anything though 8)

What a fantastic result - like a lot of us have been saying, under PL this year we will have a roller coaster, occassionally it will stink, but on the other hand ....Get In !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell yeah!!

It shows that for the first time in 2 years we don't have a useless **** word removed in charge.

Fantastic result tonight.

Please Lambert don't bring Bannan back into the side at the expense of Delph and Bent at the expense of Agbonlahor

What do you guys think about Given though deserves to keep his place or Guzan back in?

i think he's made given think hard, train hard and concentrate. the fact we aren't sure who will start is great and a good bit of management by PL. means we'll get a better given or a better guzan. either way, good stuff by the manager.

same goes for gabby, if he starts and doesn't give a performance like tonight he knows he'll be on the bench for a while. i think it'll be bent and gabby if we go 2 up top. how great that we are rotating and keeping players hungry. looks like PL is a very very good manager in terms of competition for places. albrighton coming back will only help too. delph putting a good showing in the midfield helps here too.

all looks good to me. we will be inconsistent whilst we are getting used to what PL wants to do and becuse we have a very very young squad. the future is looking good though. we haven't seen carruthers have a go yet either, or grealish or DJ.

UTV.

what team the opposition pick is their business, we just have to beat whats in front of us and we did....The amount of names that they played out there tonight, to then even attempt to say it wasn't their best team is just plain ridiculous.

Its desperate for anyone to try to discredit Villa for that.

I'm not getting carried away, but I'm not getting out of my SEDAN CHAIR for anybody lol

Lamberts got some major calls now. Gabby must start perhaps ahead of benteke - would still play Guzan over given in the short term. Bennett will most likley start - KEA I think will start - but the rest of the midfield is up for grabs.

I really like what Benteke adds to the side though

He does more in a game than Bent... His holdup play is superb and he's always looking to bring other players in

Bent is a luxury we can't afford imo id rather have 2 strikers that work hard all game

I think Bent being on the bench for a while will do us good as well it will be a reality check for him and he needs to realise we have healthy competition for places up front as well and his place in the side isn't certain

Don't perform and your out

it'd be a real kick in the ego for bent if he was dropped a couple of games after losing captaincy though... would it be worth it in the long run, or do you take him aside during the week and say "look, gabby's really after putting the pressure on you now - you're starting at the weekend, but you've got 60 minutes to impress or i have a decision to make"

• Like 1

Great result, very proud of them, even though it wasn't City's first eleven we still beat a strong team out there today.

But, to reflect a little, City's 2nd XI is capable of getting about 5th or 6th in the league.

The Independent's report states that the side City put out cost £138m.

Still think he should of fit in Mancini's face after the "managers visiting big stadiums" comment - must of forgot we play at Villa Park. The guy obviously has no class, so I guess him and Man £ity are well suited.

Hell yeah!!

It shows that for the first time in 2 years we don't have a useless **** word removed in charge.

Fantastic result tonight.

finally we can agree on something BJ10! if that was mcleish we would have defended for our lives and lost 4-5nil

lamberts great he always tries to mix it up

I really like what Benteke adds to the side though

He does more in a game than Bent... His holdup play is superb and he's always looking to bring other players in

Bent is a luxury we can't afford imo id rather have 2 strikers that work hard all game

I think Bent being on the bench for a while will do us good as well it will be a reality check for him and he needs to realise we have healthy competition for places up front as well and his place in the side isn't certain

Don't perform and your out

Absolutely this.

I said in another thread that Benteke will create goals for those around him and I still say it. His workrate, hold-up play and vision already give him an edge over DB9 and you can tell he thrives on pacy players around him.

In a funny way, I think this could really make Darren up his game.

o-LAMBERT-570.jpg

great result last night and luving this pic. Everything about PL's body language is telling Mancini to where to go, shows how he sticks up for his team, isn't scared of "bigger" teams and their gobby managers. Its a rocky ride so far this season but I'm loving it. All about squad now, we win and lose as a squad, not just the 1st 11, no one player is guaranteed a start and everyone knows if they perform they are in with a shout of playing and equally if they don't they wont be playing. Really nice to see Gabby and Nzog score, don't think it means Bent, Weiman etc should immediately be written off, they can all have a part to play. UTV