Do You Think Any Villa Players Read VillaTalk?

maqroll

most footballers are thick as sh it anyway, theyre just lucky enough to have their hobby as a job, nobody is worth £30k / £40k or even more a week, not even a world leader so why should these pri madonnas get that?

as i was saying to some fellow villa fan friends yesderday, footballers arent in it today for the love of the game, theyre simply in it for the money, their undeserved 15 minutes of fame

they should all be on £5k per week, and ticket prices for supporters should be alot less, about £5 a game, why should they earn £40k for 90 minutes work?

pi sses me right off nowadays

Do you really think that ticket sales account for anywhere near the difference between players getting 5k and 40k? Even if VP sold out every game (ha), TV money would absolutely dwarf income from tickets.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for cheaper tickets, but even if we got free tickets, players would still be on tens of thousands a week. And realistically, where would you prefer the money to go? If it doesn't go to the players, it'll sit in the bank account of the owners.

I would be mortified if I was a Villa player and was slagged off on an internet forum. It would motivate me to prove them wrong particularly if I felt was not justified. But then again I'm not a pro footballer.

Most players don't give a toss for the club they play for, they are just mercenaries who will play anywhere for more money. Does anyone really thing Bent kisses the badge because he loves Villa? Just like he loved Sunderland, Spurs, Charlton and Ipswich. If you follow that logic why should they care about us mug punters?

The fact is they don't so people raging on VT is of zero interest to them. They get unto their £100k+ car, drive home to their mansion in Four Oaks, kiss their designer clad WAG hello and call either their agent for a bit of TLC or perhaps their financial advisor to check how their excessive salary is being invested.

Welcome to the Premier League.

I read ages ago that the England team were more interested in their individual ratings in the Sunday papers than the teams result or performance. I'd imagine this is true throughout football and the players are bound to pop in and read everything that people are saying about them... they probably google themselves every day as well.

the fact players get paid to play for england is bad enough, they should be proud to play for england, not just want to do it for the extra money

most footballers dont play for the team anyway, they play for themselves

• 1 month later...

The England players wages all go to charity. 

do they get paid a wage for playing for England?  i didn't realise that.

and is it up to the individual whether they give it to charity, or is that automatic?

(sorry for going way off-topic!)

and is it up to the individual whether they give it to charity, or is that automatic?

I think the squad agreed to do it some while ago, and they've just carried it on. They all do it.

I think the squad agreed to do it some while ago, and they've just carried it on. They all do it.

Sod that. If I was selected I would demand my money. No pay? No play.

Well Bennett bannan Clark Lowton and Westwood probably aren't old enough to read yet so their out

The irony of this post is brilliant.

• Like 2

Â