home.png
Sylla
home.png
Agbonlahor

home.png
N'Zogbia

home.png
Benteke

I still think there is a half decent play in Bennett. He's just really, REALLY not suited to a wingback role.

He is good going forward, and will be much more used to playing in a back 4. The wingback role gave him too much responsibility and his positioning suffered from it.

Saying that.... I think Lambert will drop him, just to appease the fans.

633783_Aston_Villa.jpg

Quoted as it's easily my favoured 11 and formation. There is flexibility without disrupting the flow too much or pulling people out of position. It more or less is a 4-4-1-1, the fact that Gabby and Weimann are pushed further forward on paper merely signifies their intent. 

We are absolutely crying out for width. If Lambert cannot see or accept that by now then he must leave.

keeper.png
Guzan

home.png
Lowton
home.png
Vlaar
home.png
Baker
home.png
Bennett

home.png
Sylla

home.png
Westwood
home.png
Bannan

home.png
Weimann

home.png
Agbonlahor

home.png
Benteke

I'd maybe go with Delph over Westwood or Bannan if fit and N'zogbia can feel a little hard done by - but for me I think we're unbalanced with all four of them in there. Sylla allows us to balance up a bit - no pressure son.

Actually I've been thinking about it and we have one player who is perfectly suited to the hole. Weimann.

Think about how they have to have the energy and determination to drop deep and pick up the ball then drive forward. Only Weimann can do this job. Stick him deep and put NZogbia and Gabby on the wings on their opposite sides to cut in and we're dangerous.

I think maybe Bannan would be better instead of Westwood when playing with Sylla as he's a bit more mobile and can get it wide quickly. I know it's trendy not to like Bannan but he does that role very well and Sylla may set him free to perform better.

1-1 tomorrow I think. Determined, dynamic but nervy.