Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Avfc96

Aston Villa newcomers Yacouba Sylla and Simon Dawkins have been included in the squad for tomorrow's trip to Everton.

Midfielder Sylla was signed from French Ligue 2 side Clermont Foot, while winger Dawkins has joined on loan from Tottenham.

Basically, the team selected should be the one that finished the Newcastle game, with the possible inclusion of Sylla in place of Bannan or Westwood. Anything else would be a kick in the teeth for the team that seemed to click so well during the second half of that game.

• Like 2

Basically, the team selected should be the one that finished the Newcastle game, with the possible inclusion of Sylla in place of Bannan or Westwood. Anything else would be a kick in the teeth for the team that seemed to click so well during the second half of that game.

This all day long. 

Guzan needs a rest IMHO

Dunne has trained all week !

Fair enough about Dunne if true, last I heard was a 'fresh setback' and talk of him being out for the season.

But how much rest does a keeper need? And he has been rested recently with the 2 cup games.

id go 4-5-1

------------------------------------------------guzan-----------------------------------

lowton------------------vlaar--------------------------clark---------------baker

------------------------------------- ----------sylla------------------------------------

----------------westwood----------------------------------------bannan

nzogbia                                                                              gabby

-----------------------------------the beast of benteke

subs

given

dunne/lichaj

delph

el ahmadi

ireland

dawkins

weimann

get zog n gabby running baines( and pegging him back ) and hibbert all game if all were to put a shift in tomow maybe like 2nd half v newcastle  we could get somthing and the bench there is like for like any thoughts

i just hope bennett is now playing and we play 5-3-2  come on you villa !!!!!!!!!!!!!

a steady sitting back baker at left back ..............bennett can go **** himself should never wear the colours again unless he starts picking up in the reserves as he is still youg

let's not forget we do still have winnable games left lads

albeit EVERTON ARE NO MUGS but feilliani does have bad games more worried bout the baines /pienaar down there left hand side really need lowton westwood on song tomow

thats a defo

tomow i feel villa wil not lack for effort (quality maybe) but not effort

VILLA

i will be there aswell a mate (everton fan got me a ticket and a lift up)

probably end up in hosital if villa score but ahhh feck it you only live once

My thinking behind Given is driven by experience

This has been one of the most annoying things this season. We do lack experience on the pitch but people have constantly been saying things like "Given should replace Guzan because he's more experienced" despite the fact that Guzan has been far better and if you actually watch them two play Given is the one that performs like an inexperienced player, not Guzan.

Take away your knowledge of their experience for a moment and compare the two players' performances this season. Who would you play?

Edited by Mantis

Dunne hasnt trained since last Friday. Lambert in the presser.

--------------------------Guzan-------------------------

Lowton---------Vlaar----------Clark----------Baker

---------------------------Sylla--------------------------

----------El Ahmadi--------------Westwood---------

Nzogbia----------------------------------Agbonlahor

-----------------------Benteke-------------------------

Wiemann Bent Dawkins can come off the bench for spark.

Edited by KSV

I am massively surprised by the amount of people who want to make sweeping changes from the team that finished the Newcastle game. Anyone who actually saw that match surely wouldn't leave Weimann or Agbonlahor on the bench?