Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Avfc96

Hard game to start a tough month... Hoping for a point @ 2-2, Sylla to score a last minute header from a Dawkins corner to level the match....

One can dream!

Would also start Dawkins and Sylla. Everyone knows how to play us... lets add a few twists from the start!

Pointless bringing Dawkins on if we are already losing and the heads have dropped... but if he's sh#t, bring Gabby on as his replacement.

Edited by SilentMajority

I am naively optimistic. Crucial point being we need to play for 90 minutes and we need to play with width. Second half against Newcastle showed 4-4-2 might be the route to go down. We cannot afford to leave our inexperienced full backs exposed they will need support from wide players to help track over lapping runs from Baines. Truth be told we have to start picking up points and that will mean coming up with some surprise results. No better place to start. 

I am opting for a 9am drinking start. Away days. A fine excuse for alcoholism.

2-1 Villa.

Edited by ReasonforRevolution

I'd go for

keeper.png
Guzan

home.png
Lowton
home.png
Vlaar
home.png
Clark
home.png
Baker

home.png
Westwood
home.png
Sylla
home.png
Delph

home.png
Weimann

home.png
N'Zogbia

home.png
Benteke

Baker makes us a bit more solid in at the back, and the  3 in midfield should help us keep that tight and make it hard to get through. We might lack a bit going forward but I think it's more important to try stop them first.

Edited by matrim

A half of me thinks we'll lose 4-0 and "We go again" after. A half of me thinks, bizarrely, that we could earn a well fought draw. No idea why i think this, i'm just hoping that the team might rally now, after the kerfuffle of the transfer window and start showing some steel. Just pure hope, I think. 

• Like 1

I expect us to put in a decent performance for one half of the game and a piss poor showing for the other half just like we have done in so many other games this season. I don't think we will get murdered in this but Everton will probably win by 2 clear goals. A draw would be brilliant but most likely beyond us.

I think no matter what formation we play we're **** either way. We have the better chance playing wide players rather than that 3-5-2 shit. Just the thought of Baines, Mirallas, Fellaini and Pienaar cutting our midfield and defence up is a scary one. Hope our new additions are ready for this.

634073_Aston_Villa.jpg

Baines and Pienaar would have a field day with that formation. That stupid diamond formation didn't work at the start of the season and it hasn't worked since. We NEED width in the form of a 4-4-2 or a 4-2-3-1. Preferably the latter as I dont think we have a strong enough midfield to play just two centrally.

-------------------Guzan----------------------

--Lowton---Vlaar-------Baker----Lichaj---

---------------Clark--Sylla--------------------

------------------N'Zogbia---------------------

---Weimann---Benteke----Agbonlahor---

That's what I'd go for. Strong defensively. 

we need to play a 442 or 451. We need wingers. Under Lambert weve played too narrow. Im suprised its taken him this long to figure it out. (although he will probably revert to a narrow formation again.

He needs to start with 4-2-3-1. 

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Clark Baker 

Westwood Sylla 

Weimann N'Zogbia Agbonlahor 

Benteke 

If Delph is fit then I'd put him in with Westwood instead of Sylla but I think Delph is injured isn't he? Sink or swim for Sylla from game 1. Baker at left back as we looked a bit more solid defensively in the 2nd half against Newcastle. 

I'm not expecting anything at all from this game though. I just hope it's not a hiding because our goal difference is already a joke and it's essentially worth an extra point to our relegation rivals!

I think they should come out and go for it for the first 20 minutes, try to batter Everton and get a lead.

With that in mind, I'd play a 4-4-2 as follows....

GK: Guzan

DR: Lowton

DL: Baker

DC: Vlaar

DC: Baker

MR: Dawkins

MC: Sylla

MC: N'Zogbia

ML: Agbonlahor

FC: Weimann

FC: Benteke

Gabby and Weimann created problems when they came on against Newcastle. Let Zog have a bit of a 'free' role across the middle.

When we haven't got the ball, drop Weimann back into Midfield, so it's a 5 man Midfield with Dawkins pushing inside.

I'd start both the new lads as we have seen how shot the confidence is in the squad. Any fresh faces, different ideas can only be a good thing.

Still not confident we can get anything from this as the Defensive issues have not been addressed. Maybe I'll be proved wrong if the Midfield is shored up a bit to give them more protection but it's a big ask of a kid with no experience.

Whatever he plays, He needs Sylla in their sitting in front doing nothing fancy but winning in the ball and giving it to somebody who could potentially use it. Gabby needs to start wide, he could be an outlet for Sylla once he's won it.

Can see us scoring just unsure how many we will concede.

633783_Aston_Villa.jpg

Everton to win 3-1. Can see a very unfavourable day of results tomorrow.

I think that's the best eleven that we can start with. It actually looks pretty good on paper but we'll probably be shit anyway..

You know that we have a lot of awesome central midfielders when everyone wants an unknown french division 2 player to start for us. :P