Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Avfc96

Can you confirm this, CI?

No, because it's a load of rubbish.

"The Scot also confirmed that the club’s medical staff will monitor experienced defender Richard Dunne after he suffered a setback in training last week.

He added: “We’re still assessing that and seeing how that is. He’s not trained since last Friday.”

I am massively surprised by the amount of people who want to make sweeping changes from the team that finished the Newcastle game. Anyone who actually saw that match surely wouldn't leave Weimann or Agbonlahor on the bench?

Not Weimann, no, who should start every game with Benteke. I'd be happy with Gabby or Dawkins on one side and Zog on the other. I think Dawkins would add a suprise element and bringing on Gabby 2nd half or later is effective with his pace.

Dunne hasnt trained since last Friday. Lambert in the presser.

--------------------------Guzan-------------------------

Lowton---------Vlaar----------Clark----------Baker

---------------------------Sylla--------------------------

----------El Ahmadi--------------Westwood---------

Nzogbia----------------------------------Agbonlahor

-----------------------Benteke-------------------------

Wiemann Bent Dawkins can come off the bench for spark.

Think the only thing I would do different is swap Wiemann for Nzogbia

This has been one of the most annoying things this season. We do lack experience on the pitch but people have constantly been saying things like "Given should replace Guzan because he's more experienced" despite the fact that Guzan has been far better and if you actually watch them two play Given is the one that performs like an inexperienced player, not Guzan.

Take away your knowledge of their experience for a moment and compare the two players' performances this season. Who would you play?

Let me ask you a question. Which team has the worst defensive unit in the league ?

Not Weimann, no, who should start every game with Benteke. I'd be happy with Gabby or Dawkins on one side and Zog on the other. I think Dawkins would add a suprise element and bringing on Gabby 2nd half or later is effective with his pace.

In my opinion; the only crumb of confidence that the squad could possibly have would be coming from their second half performance against Newcastle. Changing the personnel and formation would undo all of that in one go.

It should be

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Clark Baker

Westwood Bannan (or Sylla at a push)

Zog

Weimann Benteke Agbonlahor.

Call it whatever formation you like, but anything else would be unacceptable.

Okay, but in the 2nd half we essentially didn't have to defend, so playing Bannan was fine, but starting a game we will need that DM we've been crying out for and so Sylla must start. If you go with that and Gabby/Dawkins are interchangeable like I said then we are in agreement ;) . In fact I doubt Dawkins would start this one anyway.

Edited by fightoffyour

Might we play 4-4-2 with Dawkins on the left and N'Zogbia on the right with both given free reign to cut inside onto their stronger foot to shoot and whip balls in?

Wow, I am excite by this .

Going to try this fancy new fangled way of showing the team

home.png
Guzan

home.png
Lowton
home.png
Vlaar
home.png
Baker
home.png
Bennett

home.png
Weimann
home.png
Westwood
home.png
Sylla
home.png
Agbonlahor

home.png
N'Zogbia

home.png
Benteke

This all day long. With Gabby and Weimann pushing up a bit. Needs to be this. If we go 3 at the back again I will cry. 

Lowton, Vlaar, Clark and Baker is the defence I'd opt with too, with Sylla in front of them alongside Westwood. Have Sylla doing the defensive work and Westwood spraying the ball left, right and centre to Gabby, Weimann and N'Zogbia respectively, and Benteke further up.

Hopefully our midfield won't get so easily destroyed if Sylla has the balls and skill to match his stature, also no Bannan would mean less Hollywood passes.