Rating and Reactions: Villa - Newcastle

limpid

Some positives - the manager saw it wasn't working and changed it - well done him, we were good in the second half and I think we've found out a couple of things about who should and shouldn't be on the field at the start, hopefully we can remember them until the next game, at half time I said to the person next to me that there was nothing, nothing you could say "that could happen" or "we could build through him or this" at full time there was.

When we start defensive, teams beat us cos we're rubbish at it, when we play and we put pressure on teams we can win, because we're actually not that bad at it. 

Gabby, Benteke and Weimann please - all the time. Good to have Baker back too. Lowton looks like he could do with a rest.

Oh and for all the shite he has thrown at him during games, Bannan is so important for us - he gets the ball off the defence and gets it into places where we can start to attack - without him, there would be no link at all.

The negative of course it that we lost, and that we played for 45 minutes again - we need to learn very very quickly - I'll let you decide if you think that's likely.

Newcastle were excellent first half, really good football and they dominated us - in the second half I'd have to ask their fans if they were just a tiny bit ashamed - the diving, the time wasting and mostly the play acting that went on was embarrassing - from a football perspective it was the right thing to do and something we could learn from, but as men - it was everything your dad would be ashamed of. I suspect, and have suspected for some time that Alan Pardew doesn't really do shame - which is probably for the best.

Referee was appalling as ever.

The first half was an abomination, by the end of half time I had made peace with the fact we were gonna get **** 5 or 6 and would finish the season 1 from bottom at best.

Then the second half happened. It's wrong to put it all on Newcastle protecting their lead, they certainly didn't come out to do that initially. We forced them back and penned them in at times. The penalty was soft as **** but there were a couple of other occasion where they were all over Benteke in the box so it is what it is.

It was encouraging to actually see them come out fighting after a setback for a change rather than go hiding like usual and they deserved their applause at the full time whistle despite the result.

We are still crying out for some experience in the centre of midfield but I won't be holding my breath on that one. There is definitely something in that side, I just hope Lambert figures out how to drag it out of them over 90mins, before its too late.

I'm really gonna have to bite my lip at work tomorrow. The urge to punch one of the gurning, gloating Geordie word removeds is going to be too much to bear! Thanks Lambert! Thanks Learner! You pair of clearing in the woods!

Just watched the highlights, great ball from Benteke to set up Weimann with a chance at two one, these two need to be starting together every game now if we have a chance of staying up.

Also that is the second stunning goal Cabaye has scored against us this season to pick up 4 points for his side. What a player.

Lambert cost us a result tonight, playing that shit 5-3-2 wingback formation in the first half, which doesn't **** work btw. Yes Cabaye scored a absolute screamer, but with that second half performance we should of got at least a draw. Weimann and Gabby should of started from the start and proved why in the second 45 why they should of played instead of that useless word removed Bent, the laziest player I have ever seen in a Villa shirt. 

Lambert has cost us another 3 points and has 2 days to sign someone with Hutton and Warnock off the wage bill (about 70k) so I expect to see a new face or two on loan come Friday morning if not we are DOWN

Edited by Avflife

By the way, what is it with Newcastle scoring belters against us?  

3 in 3 now. Cissé, Ben Arfa and now Cabayé. How depressing that he could be playing for us if Houllier hadn't got ill. Great player.

The most infuriating thing is that Paul Lambert does not learn from mistakes. The same things are happening every single game yet he will continue to set us up to fail next time.

How much more humiliation will we suffer. Our home form is hilarious. We are dead and buried and noone at the club seems to give a ****.

And I hope AW signs a new deal, but RL will probably be too tight with it "1 year deal Andi, 1k a week, take it or leave it"

I cannot understand all the **** on this site that are writing off the team when if you look at the table we are still well and truely alive right now, get behind the team, get behind the manager and we may very well be playing premier league football again next season.  The players gave there all in the second half tonight and all people can do is run them down.

They lack experience, some lack quality, the manager has had a very tight budget to work with and there seems to be no money forthcoming, but when players fight like our boys did in the second half anything is possible. Even teams like bradford can get to a major cup final, chelsea can beat the best team in the world away from home with ten men.  You negative wank stains need to do what supporters are supposed to do and support your team!

Us fans are the only thing going for team right now, which is rather depressing given the **** shit a lot of them are spouting!

You are talking absolute bollocks. The fans HAVE got behind the club, we stood there for 10 minute chanting Lambert's name while we were 4-0 down at home to the Spuds. But we've had a week from hell and the club deserves everything it's got. We have lost to Bradford, Millwall and an easily beatable Newcastle in the space of a week because of tactics. Pure and simple. We pay the money so we can say whatever the hell we want.

Your 'better fan' shite is absolutely pathetic. Jesus christ, if that's the mentality you have I'll stick with the 'negative wank stains' rather than be with absolute words removed like you. We have every right to angry so stop pulling the moral high ground.

And all these fans saying gabby threatend etc and looked better than Bent does my nut, the lad has 2 prem goals in like 38 games or something!! Shocking! Goals win games not pace and if lambert gets the formation correct Bent will score goals, when he plays the wrong formation bent has no effect, we all no what type of player he is, so play to his strengths.  I also think he may need a run of games to build him back up! Were conceding left right and centre and the only way were gonna win is to score more and Gabby simply wont do that!

You are talking absolute bollocks. The fans HAVE got behind the club, we stood there for 10 minute chanting Lambert's name while we were 4-0 down at home to the Spuds. But we've had a week from hell and the club deserves everything it's got. We have lost to Bradford, Millwall and an easily beatable Newcastle in the space of a week because of tactics. Pure and simple. We pay the money so we can say whatever the hell we want.

Your 'better fan' shite is absolutely pathetic. Jesus christ, if that's the mentality you have I'll stick with the 'negative wank stains' rather than be with absolute words removed like you. We have every right to angry so stop pulling the moral high ground.

Totally agree with Stefan here!!  Its tactics that are killing us IMO

We are ****, it's about time a few more realised it.

Bottom three, 2 wins at home from 12 games, 9 goals scored. Goal difference by far the worst in the league.

And still we hear "if we play like in that second half we'll be alright".

No, we won't.

Â