Rating and Reactions: Villa - Newcastle

limpid

I just cannot understand positive comments here any longer?? There is nothing at the club that shows the slightest glimmer of getting out of inevitable relegation, we have no form, no quality, no prem experience, no scrapping experience, no defence, no midfield, no inclination to buy anyone in the window, no managerial experience. 

Lambert is clueless, utterly clueless. Not only will he relegate us, he will never work at this level again.

• Like 2

No point in getting carried away with that second half performance, our players have shown time and time again this season that they are physically incapable of carrying over any sort of momentum. Basically they are able to show 20/30 minute spells here and there but have nowhere near the ability to keep anything up for a sustained period. 

I cannot understand all the **** on this site that are writing off the team when if you look at the table we are still well and truely alive right now, get behind the team, get behind the manager and we may very well be playing premier league football again next season.  The players gave there all in the second half tonight and all people can do is run them down.

They lack experience, some lack quality, the manager has had a very tight budget to work with and there seems to be no money forthcoming, but when players fight like our boys did in the second half anything is possible. Even teams like bradford can get to a major cup final, chelsea can beat the best team in the world away from home with ten men.  You negative wank stains need to do what supporters are supposed to do and support your team!

Us fans are the only thing going for team right now, which is rather depressing given the **** shit a lot of them are spouting!

• Like 3

No more 5-3-2. We dont have the wingbacks and midfield good enough to play it.  Much better when we had some width in second half.  Ireland should be playing over Bannan, but cant see Lambert dropping him.  We have to start and play 90mins like we started the 2nd half to stand any chance of winning 5 games.  Weimann my MON

Omg no way Ireland, please. As I have written previously - Bannan, Delph and Ireland are all AMCs and only one should be on the pitch simultaneously.

If 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 our attack should be:

weimann - westwood - clark - gabby

nzogbia - benteke

or

westwood - clark

weimann - nzogbia - gabby

benteke

if nzogbia is back to his poor displays again swap him with delph who showed a little bit of promise.

no way bannan, ireland and bent again please

Edited by Majkee

I cannot understand all the **** on this site that are writing off the team when if you look at the table we are still well and truely alive right now, get behind the team, get behind the manager and we may very well be playing premier league football again next season.  The players gave there all in the second half tonight and all people can do is run them down.

They lack experience, some lack quality, the manager has had a very tight budget to work with and there seems to be no money forthcoming, but when players fight like our boys did in the second half anything is possible. Even teams like bradford can get to a major cup final, chelsea can beat the best team in the world away from home with ten men.  You negative wank stains need to do what supporters are supposed to do and support your team!

Us fans are the only thing going for team right now, which is rather depressing given the **** shit a lot of them are spouting!

they have enough chances to prove that they deserve our support and to prove the doubters wrong. nothing of that happened so please, do not call us f*ckers.

If we go back to that stupid **** formation against everton i think i will have a breakdown. You can tell by looking at him he is slow but he cant be that **** slow!? Cant even get a reaction after this run... disgusting, **** disgusting. The hate i have towards this cretin for **** us up so bad is severe. I'd punch him if he was infront of me.

they have enough chances to prove that they deserve our support and to prove the doubters wrong. nothing of that happened so please, do not call us f*ckers.

Our team don't need to prove anything to us! I didn't support Villa because they proved they were a great club, they just are in my eyes! That won't change not matter how the team plays, good or bad.  I will always get behind the team, because otherwise there is no point in calling myself a supporter.  If you will only support Villa when we play well they what kind of fan are you? Get behind the team and quit your bitching as right now it only harms the club. This is the time the players need our backing the most, so what are you gonna do?

NEAGATIVES

• Outplayed first half, second to every ball
  • Looked tentative
  • Some fans "leaving" after 31mins (hopefully just going for an emergency fag)
  • Bent and Benteke, no real threat

POSITIVES

• Vast improvement in 2nd half
  • Gabby provided direct threat
  • Weimann more willing and threatening than Bent
  • Sustained pressure over the half.
  • We looked better at set piece defending (although Newcastle aren't that great a threat from corners, so we will know more when Fellaini, the Spanish archer faces out defence.
  • After Everton we have 1 game a week, so a high tempo should be possible with plenty of rest between games.
  • We won't need 40 points for survival, could be as low as 34 (See, that doesn't look so bad now!)

:mellow:  :unsure:

Â