Rating and Reactions: Villa - Newcastle

limpid

Promising second half. Weiman has another good game. We really deserved at least one point.

I guess Bent won't start a game any time soon, wich I have no problem with. He was relly week.

No more 5-3-2. We dont have the wingbacks and midfield good enough to play it.  Much better when we had some width in second half.  Ireland should be playing over Bannan, but cant see Lambert dropping him.  We have to start and play 90mins like we started the 2nd half to stand any chance of winning 5 games.  Weimann my MON

we did everything but equalise and showed the fighting spirit thats required to stay up so hopefully we can build on that. fair play to the manager for getting a reaction from the players. needs to carry it into the next game

How in the hell can a villa team play so shit in the first half knowing that their survival depended on winning,

and then playing like kings for 30 mins in the second  half?

At least now lambert can play around with his crazy positioning in the championship with the likes of "ballboy" bannan and co.

• Like 1

Poor tactics and selection cost us something from this game. We let Newcastle run the first half and then play catch up in the second. The second half was the best we have played for quite a few games IMO but yet again poor finishing and a weak midfield let us down.

Personally I'd sell Bent tomorrow so I could buy a couple of decent midfielders, you never know it might happen.

I'm going to be positive. Probably because I didn't bother watching the first half. But the second period was the best we've played in weeks. At least we can go into the next game off the back of a really strong 45 - been a while since we could say that. Shame we've got Everton away next :(

1st half was terrible, let them play, made sissoko look a world beater, westwood and bannan vs cabaye and sissoko was laughable

2nd half much better, gabby vs debuchy was a reminder of the good times when we had about 4 players who could do that, gabby and weimann played really well but the "why doesnt bent play" journos will be out still (even little said it with 5 minutes left  :angry: ) but bent was a waste of **** time, bannan was bannan, i did like how he spent the last 5 minutes being the only player who didnt launch it in to the box everytime

Well, I expected negativity, but Jesus.

I'm hugely disappointed with that result to say the least, but some of the comments on here are just crazy.  So, I think I'll go back to doing some work!

I can't fault the second half performance and if we do that against Everton we might stand a chance. 

I can't fault the second half performance and if we do that against Everton we might stand a chance. 

We can but dream I guess.

We all saw that starting line up and thought, how can this possibly work? What even is this rabble of players? Why would you do this? I find it hard to fathom that Lambert sees these players day after day on the training ground and thinks that it's a system that can work with our rubbish players. We never give ourselves any chance by going into games like this. 

Then comes the second half, two of our most effective players come on, the system changes to a more standard formation, flat back four and newly acquired rocket up arses and everything looks and feels better, more comfortable as in people know what they need to do but the game was already lost in the first half. 

I've always tried to see the bigger picture, focus on the real problem that is Lerner but Lambert is really starting to baffle me. Just simple things. Don't play Bennett, just don't have him anywhere near a top flight football game; play a simple back four, drum it into the players to press, unsettle the opposition, don't give them a moments rest, win your 50/50s, show some determination, all the simple things in football. We saw in second half that we do have some quality and can cause some trouble.

If he persists with this 3/5/2 whatever against Everton I think it's best we all just completely give up. 

Edited by nobler
  • Like 1

Deserved a draw at least. Gutsy second half where we threw everything at them. Seen enough tonight that there is some hope that we can survive this awful season although it is going to be mighty close.

Another game, another loss. I didnt think we'd get anything from this and I don't thnk we will pick up many more points this season. Although we rallied in the second half the damage had already been done and we will be down to 19th tomorrow the way things are going.

Having seen the line up I think Lambert has to take the ultimate blame. He just can't organise a decent team, and I am sure another manager could do something with this group. But Lerner will not sack him as Lambert is an arse licker, so we are going down under this idiot. This team will remain in freefall and the manager is not good enough to keep us up.

Â