Rating and Reactions: Villa - Newcastle

limpid

First half was an absolute abomination.

Can't fault the effort second half, but worrying that we can have all that pressure and the only way we are able to score is from a gimme of a penalty.

Need a confidence boosting win, somehow, some way.

couldnt give a **** about the second half performance. We lost. Bottom line. 4 defeats in a row at home, **** despicable but **** predictable. Bent can **** off and rot, Wiemann will go in the summer, too good for us. 

After our first half performance, I expected us to be on the receiving end of another heavy defeat - one which could have been critical.

However, although we're still well in the mire and have a lot of work to do, we did prove today that we can show desire and really took control of the game.  For the whole second half, we were right up in Newcastle's faces.  They'll be happy with the three points, but if we can actually start games with that kind of tempo (and also cut out the lapses in defence, which will be the most difficult part) then we will be able to pull ourselves out of this mess.

UTV.

no doubt Lambert will come out with the usual shit like the effort was great and i couldnt have asked for more

when really he should be apologising for giving his players absolutely no chance in the first half with his **** shit tactics

there you go Newcastle, have your first away win of the season

lots of love

the scottish shit house

catastrophe 

we could not afford to lose this and we did with another pathetic first half showing.

the question is are we finishing 18th-19th or 20th?

i just dont care anymore for this bunch of losers who couldnt even win a game of tindlewinks against stevie wonder

RELEGATED!! 

& I see myself as a glass half full type of person. 

I dont care what happened in the 2nd half.  The team should be utterly ashamed of themselves. 

I hate being a Villa fan, these players are destroying my happiness. 

something has to be done, this just isnt working any more. anything. some sort of change is needed.

id sell bent to get another two players in, he just isnt contributing anything we can use. midfield is appaling in so many ways aswell.

I didn't think Bent did much wrong to be honest, he worked hard and had to come deep to get the ball. It was the formation and set up that was the issue not Bent.

Bannan was much better in the second half but utterly awful in the first, in the only Zog played 90mins

The second half was excellent, we showed, fight, bossed the half and Nearly nicked a point from a game where with our recent record and performance could easily have ended up being a hammering after the first half we had!

Bannan, what a contrasting game he had, overran in the first half, but ran the show in the second.  If we show the fight and determination we showed in the second half for the rest for the season we will be safe, but thats a big if right now.  That could be the first seeds of a recovery.

Â