Fig Rolls

Craigy1874

BTW, here are the results of the Nice Cup of Tea poll:

(1) Dark Chocolate Digestive (2) Milk Chocolate Digestive (3) Milk Chocolate Hobnob (4) Jaffa cake (5) Gingernut (6) Chocolate Caramel Digestives (7) Dark Chocolate Hobnob (8) Hobnob (9) Custard Cream (10) Tunnocks Chocolate Caramel Wafer (11) Shortbread fingers (12) Dark Choco Liebniz (13) Bourbon (14) Crunch Creams (15) Digestive (16) Fig Roll (17) Choc chip cookie (18) Tunnocks Teacake (19) Double choc chip cookie (20) Garibaldi (21) Jammie Dodger (22) Chocolate Ginger (23) Viennese Finger (24) Milk Choco Liebniz (25) Ginger Cream (26) Toffypop (27) Jam Cream Sandwich (28) Rich Tea (29) Party Rings (30) Pink Wafers (31) Abbey Crunch (32) Malted Milk (33) Cadbury's fingers (34) Penguin (35) Fruit shortcake (36) Abernethy (37) Butter Crunch (38) All Butter (39) Shortcake (40) Rocky (41) Lemon Puff (42) Orange Chocolate Digestive (43) Brandysnap (44) Mint Chocolate Digestive (45) Cafe Noir (46) Wagonwheel (47) Viscount (48) Echo (49) Happy Face (50) Blue Ribband

Edited by mjmooney

There has been extensive academic research, in cycling circles  (well,  with my mates anyway)   re. fig rolls - it is an important topic !

The consensus is that they have the lowest fat for the energy they provide and digest easily when cycling (or running I guess) to help avoid 'the knock'. Far better than Mars Bars for example .

There has been extensive academic research, in cycling circles  (well,  with my mates anyway)   re. fig rolls - it is an important topic !

The consensus is that they have the lowest fat for the energy they provide and digest easily when cycling (or running I guess) to help avoid 'the knock'. Far better than Mars Bars for example .

Jaffa cakes score well in that category too. SGE famously brought them with the England national team a while back.

You think a fig roll is a cake?

Don't get me started on cakes, I would be here all day....

I do.  They just cannot be beaten by any other biscuit or cake in my opinion.

Fig rolls are neither cake nor biscuit. They are pastries. Essentially mashed up figgy stuff wrapped in pastry

Much closer to baklava than a biscuit, so I'd guess it originates from somewhere around the eastern Mediterranean.

Jaffa cakes aren't biscuits either, even HMRC failed to prove they were.

As far as biscuits go though, Fox's Golden Crunch Creams or Ginger nuts would be my current favourites but my biscuit of choice does change often

Fig rolls are neither cake nor biscuit. They are pastries. Essentially mashed up figgy stuff wrapped in pastry

Much closer to baklava than a biscuit, so I'd guess it originates from somewhere around the eastern Mediterranean.

Jaffa cakes aren't biscuits either, even HMRC failed to prove they were.

As far as biscuits go though, Fox's Golden Crunch Creams or Ginger nuts would be my current favourites but my biscuit of choice does change often

According to the ever reliable Wikipedia they are a staple Egyptian pastry, still eaten in large quantities there. 

Gingernuts should be excluded from the biscuit tin as they taint other non ginger biccies.

True but they warrant their own tin anyway due to their loveliness.

Â